Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bamboozled90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2018, 07:31 PM
    What to do about GAMESTOP
    All right, I've ordered a Nintendo Switch online from Gamestop on November 24th, which is supposed to come with the system and a $50 gift card. Cool stuff.
    However, the system came in the time promised 4-7 business days, but the gift card did not. Not a physical copy nor in an email for an electronic version.
    It's been just about two weeks and after emailing the Gamestop store, Gamestop customer support, calling Gamestop store and calling Gamestop customer service 2 times, they all said within a 2-3 days.
    I first called on the 27th, and again on the 2nd. Calling the store just redirected me to customer support.
    They also charged me twice for the system ($299.99x2), and that still has not yet been resolved when they said they'd fix it.

So my question is what do I do about this when clearly customer support isn't really working? Am I just straight up being ripped off?
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Dec 7, 2018, 08:20 AM
    Hello

I had the same problem with Ebay after they over charged me for postage of around $120-150 dollars which is a lot.

Ok , record everything and what you did , makes notes of when you contacted them and if you can even names ( last names to ). If it's not sorted, ask to speak to a Supervisor, FYI = They really don't want you asking this, then use the names of whom you spoke to and that if not sorted will take it to the next level.

Unfortunately, I had to do a Charge back on the Ebay GSP one after there was no reply to emails sent to customer service after they replied by phone to the first one saying they would make a refund. FYI = They told me similar stuff to what Gamestop telling you " Blah Blah Blah, we will fix it within 10-14 days " though they didn't.

Hope this helps.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2018, 08:53 AM
    By my calculation it's been 7 business days total from the 27th to the 7th (today). A notice on the site says due to high volume and the holiday there may be some delays, so be patient and give it a few more days and check again.

https://care.gamestop.com/

As you see from the links it's a frustrating tedious process to rectify mistakes. You do have to stay on it though no matter how long it takes. Keep good records of dates and names to cover your own arse, and asking to speak with supervisors instead of just the one answering the phone will get you further faster in my experience.

Good luck, Try not to don't get frustrated
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2018, 11:44 AM
    I would guess the card comes form a different supplier. I just purchased a product and was to get a gift card. In the billing statement, it noted "gift cards are fulfilled through a third party". So I would expect to see it come separately.
    Bamboozled90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2018, 04:15 AM
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does a gamestop store used iPod and iPhone work? [ 3 Answers ]

I saw that Gmaestop store sell used Iphone, Ipod, and Ipad from people who had them, but I really want to buy a Ipod from one of my local gamestop store. To me, I am scare to buy on because I don't if the previous owner will hack into they all iPod touch, Iphone , Ipad when I am using it. I want to...

I just got hired at gamestop [ 2 Answers ]

I just got hired at gamestop in Oregon and I start work the day after tomorrow, but they didn't tell me what my attire would be, has anyone worked at gamestop before or knows what the attire for game advisor?

View more questions Search