Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grmitch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2018, 01:38 PM
    Can a executer sign a house over to one of the benefeary
    I am a beneficery of my mothers house that I have lived in for 33 years and have paid all the bills my brother lives in my basement and is also a benefecery of the same house that pays for nothing can there executor sign the house over to me without talking to him
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2018, 03:45 PM
    No. The will is a legal document, regardless of what you state.

Legal Zoom " A last will and testament represents the final wishes of a deceased person, and laws are in place to ensure that the instructions set out in the will are actually carried out. While these laws vary by state, you will find that every state regulates how a will is administered and who is responsible for it".
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 3, 2018, 04:10 PM
    You want him off the deed then buy him out, or sell and take your half of the proceeds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sign house to child [ 5 Answers ]

What are the effects of signing our house over to children ?

Executer duties [ 1 Answers ]

I am the executer of my mums will although there is some money and a house to sell as it is all going through probate the family who will get a share want to see mums bank statements can they do this

Could my dad sign the house over without us being present, the POA said he couldn't [ 1 Answers ]

My sister and I had a POA for my dad. Which stated he could not sign anything without us both being there. My brother told him that we were going to put him in a nursing home and the paper (deed to the house) would stop us. My brother manipulated dad into signing it. Is there anything we can do....

Estate account if you are not the Executer [ 1 Answers ]

Can I open an estate account for my mother who passed away if I am not the executer of her will

View more questions Search