Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jritter1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2018, 09:12 AM
    Battery won't charge on john deer l118a
    2 questions for john deer L118A
    If I install fully charged battery it will eventually get drained trying to start mower (2nd Question) it turns over but takes 20 min to start unless carb is primed first.
    I've let it run for an hour turned it off and yup battery is dead.

today battery was at 9.3v so primed carb and jump started now battery voltage is just above 11v while running
    ran 5 min turned off voltage at 10. tried tio start did 1/8th of a turn now valtage back down to 9.5
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 27, 2018, 10:06 AM
    I think I would check that alternator, and voltage regular.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My john deer 185 battery light stays on could it be tand battery does not charge [ 1 Answers ]

My 185 lawn tractor battery lite stays on and the battery does not charge. Could it be the regulator or something else

Charging a dead battery on a john deer? [ 2 Answers ]

My L125 J D Mower just went dead the other day, It had nothing when I turned the key, Battery dead I figure, so I buy a 12v battery chager, I hook black to black and red to red and slow charge from wall outlet in house for near 10 hours. Nothing happening when I retry. There is little or no...

John deere tractor, battery will not charge [ 0 Answers ]

My battery is not charging on the L120. I jumped it off the car and it ran fine. Started to mow with the blade engaged. It ran for about 2-4 minutes and then the blade disengaged but the motor was still running. Took it back and jumped it. Blades engaged and then it disengaged 2-4 minutes later....

John deer belts [ 1 Answers ]

How do you change the belts on a John Deer LX188? The drive belt

My John Deere L110 battery which is new will not hold a charge [ 3 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L110 which I have purchased a new battery for and it will not hold a charge. I have replaced the battery thinking possibly I got a bad battery the other new battery I can start the mower once I have done a slow charge on the battery but, it will not hold a charge and start after...

View more questions Search