Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2018, 07:16 PM
    Natural gas connection
    I’m adding a garage heater. Can the natural gas line be tied into an existing gas line (T joint) or does it need to run back to the steel pipe where the other gas lines originate?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2018, 07:56 PM
    In most areas you can not do the work yourself and will need to get permits and hire a licensed contractor.

The real issue is volume, if the T would reduce the volume so that neither would work properly
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2018, 05:27 AM
    In the event you do not hire a professional, you must be informed that any open flame appliance located in a garage must be installed at least 18 inches above the floor, as in the vent of a fuel leak, fumes sink to the floor level:
    NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code 2015

Chapter 9 Appliance, Equipment, and Accessory Installation

9.1 General.
    9.1.10 Installation in Residential Garages.
    9.1.10.1 Appliances in residential garages and in adjacent spaces that open to the garage and are not part of the living space of a dwelling unit shall be installed so that all burners and burner ignition devices are located not less than 18 in. (460 mm) above the floor unless listed as flammable vapor ignition resistant.

Nov 27, 2018, 09:49 AM
    Yes I will hire someone to hook up the lines but I just wanted to know where to run the line for them to hook up. Thanks

Yep I am aware of all of that too. I just wanted to know where to run the line for a professional to hook up for me. I know this now. Thanks

Nov 28, 2018, 07:06 AM
    Another question on this. Is there a problem using 2 sections of tubing and joining them or do I need 1 continuous section of tubing? I need about 40 feet and was wanting to use 2 20 foot sections which costs much less than one 60 foot. (Can't find 40 foot section)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2018, 02:57 PM
    § 3280.705 Gas piping systems.
    3) Concealed joints: Piping or tubing joints must not be located in any wall, floor, partition, or similar concealed construction space. (i)Concealed joints. Piping or tubing joints shall not be located in any floor, wall partition, or similar concealed construction space.
    In an open space, connections may be made. I would use a ground joint union so you can open the piping if necessary. Check to see if your local utility allows right/left connectors. One reason you may not be allowed is that on a R/L fitting, when you tighten one side, you loosen the other. With a union that does not happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New backup battery connection with four wires that need connection [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced a sump pump back up battery. There are four wires, two positive and two negative. Are both positives attached to the positive post or is one of each, positive and negative attached to each post? Thanks, Frank

How do I get internet connection when there is a connection problem? [ 3 Answers ]

I have clear internet service but cannot connect the internet

What is the difference between pipe glued connection and solvent welded connection [ 2 Answers ]

Like the title. I wondering what's the difference between glued connection and solvent welded connection. If anyone knows, please give a detailed description, and how about hub and socket connections with the above two connections?

Does anyone know of a sunblock that's mostly natural or all natural? [ 3 Answers ]

And where can I buy it? Please help if you know!! I want a good sunblock but without all those harmful chemicals.

Changing USB connection to ethernet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a belkin wireless G router which doesn't work with my ntl broadband it got something to do with changing the USB connetion to ethernet can someone tell me how Please! Thank you

View more questions Search