Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RandomPerson36 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2018, 03:55 PM
    Buying a laptop that's right for me
    I'm looking into buying a new laptop as my current one is very old and unable to run the way it used to, but I have no idea where to start. If anyone is willing to help me, I have some criteria that may help narrow down what might be best for me:

1. It must have a good battery; I'm going to college soon and I don't want a computer that will die in the middle of class or have to be plugged in 24/7.

2. It must be a decent weight; it doesn't have to be the lightest model ever, but I don't want it to be as heavy as a bunch of bricks either.

3. It must be well balanced when it comes to performing different tasks; a computer that has fast performance when it comes to using the internet or opening multiple things at once (ex: Word, Chrome, a calculator, and Excel) and also handle a few games (not multiple, large RPG games like what most gamers play, but just a few lighter games like minecraft), if possible.

4. It must be a decent price; I know gaming computers can get very expensive, but I just need one that has a decent processor (if that's what it's called) that can run just one or two games and doesn't cost too much.

And here are some optional things that I'd like if there's such a thing available:

5. If there's a computer that can do all the things above, and also still have a built-in disk player, that'd be really nice.

6. Also, if the structure of the computer is simple to disassemble in case something needs to be fixed, that'd also be very convenient.

Thank you to anyone who can take the time to help me! Also, I know I listed a lot of things that may seem too picky, so don't be afraid to tell me that my criteria is too idealistic or impractical.
    DustPan Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2018, 01:49 AM
    I do recommend ASUS laptops, they are the "best" (in my opinion). Although I do not know a lot about gadgets I do assure you they work fine. If ASUS isn't available I also would suggest looking for an ACER brand or LENOVO. But before you do purchase any of these, It's better if you ask the store directly about it's features so that it can match your ideal one :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Buying a laptop [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a 11 year old girl and I'm saving up for a laptop. And my budget is 325$ and I want a laptop to play games. But, only two games. Minecraft and Roblox. That's it. Also, I will use it to search on web and for homework. I'm turning 12 in November. So what laptop do you recommend for me. I...

Buying a laptop - for the first time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello. I'm on the market for a new laptop, but as I have never bought one, I think it would be good with some advice. Basically what I'm looking for is a laptop for studying, but also medium gaming, and perhaps Photoshop. It has to be well constructed, so I can take it with me without having...

Buying a red laptop for my girlfriend [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I will be leaving town for army training a while. Want to buy my girlfriend a laptop before I leave. I know she needs one, but she can't afford it. When I went to future shop with her, she was playing around with a red laptop. That’s her favourite color. I really don't know much...

Buying a laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I need a laptop for internet surfing, email and writing letter and saw one online that has this configuration and want to be sure if I would be able to connect to internet with DLS THROUGH PHONE LINE. THANKS Intel pentium 3 800mhz 256MB RAM 20GB hard drive CDROM DRIVE Network 10/100 Modem...

Buying a New Laptop: Europe or USA? PC or MAC? [ 1 Answers ]

The time has come! I have to get a new laptop. I have two questions I'm hoping you can help me to answer. 1) windows or mac? I've always used windows. Most people use windows. All of my programs and whatever else is on my (almost completely dead) windows PC. But mac people swear by their...

View more questions Search