Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ProfessorMaria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2018, 08:10 PM
    De Rolla print from Edward Gross
    I have a framed print of a woman sitting in a chair, reading, slippers on the floor nearby, a chest, and a chair with a bowl of fruit on it. There are three windows and three pictures on the wall
    It has been in my family ever since I can remember (I am 82.) The original paper is on the back, but crumbling with age.
    The top section says
    De Rolla Print
    Publication of
    Edward Gross Co.
    858 Broadway
    New York
    In the lines beneath that some of the ink is so faded it can not easily be read. What I can see is No. 100.
    In the line beneath are the words "(unreadable) and peasant room."
    I would appreciate any information you might have about this picture or artist and also if there is any value beyond the family sentiment.
    Thank you.
    Marcia
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2018, 07:12 AM
    To on EBay and search Edward Gross prints. There are hundreds to see. While there are many on there, I don't see any bids so they are not a big selling item.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Edward gross co. print by b. major [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a beautifully framed print by Edward Gross Co. Inc. B. Major was the artist. It shows a silhouette of an Indian on a horse against a orange/yellow background. Could you help me identify this piece. I would be very appreciative. Thank you.

Print by Edward Gross [ 0 Answers ]

I picked up a print at a Flea Market. It depicts 3 old men sharing the same match to light their smokes. Caption on the bottom left "Co-operation is Economy". This written below the print on the mounting paper. Can't locate artist name. Looks to be in the original frame. Would like to know artist...

Edward gross 1906 print [ 1 Answers ]

Original print from 1906, Chicago. Men robbing a couple

A Print Publish Edward Gross Co. [ 1 Answers ]

The Print was "FRIEND " and has the name of Devis below the name of the print. Bought in the early 1900 Hndreds or passed down to family members. It has matching print called " CHUMS " by Jane Freeman both prints have Seal of the company on the back.

Edward Gross Print [ 0 Answers ]

I have a print with a old label that states it is done by Edward Gross Co. Inc. 118 East 16th St. New York. On the label it names the print as Blue Boy By Gainsborough. There is a 1261 written in pencil beneath the label. It is in a very old frame as well. I would like to know how to find out...

View more questions Search