Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sobelle300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2018, 10:58 AM
    Is anti-siphon valve required by code for pool fill, not auto-fill
    Our anti-siphon valve for manual pool fill continues to leak after installation after several months. We have changed it/repaired the leak 4 times in six years. Is the anti-siphon valve required or can I use a straight-line on/off valve to turn on the water to the pool?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2018, 02:43 PM
    The anti-siphon valve is to prevent pulling water from the pool into the water system. So, you need one. If you manually fill a pool and the hose is in the water, that is against code if it is not connected to an anti-siphon valve. I have seen pool filling with a large hose, about 3 ft. above the water, not connected to an anti-siphon valve. I would ask your local jurisdiction for guidance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anti siphon/auto fill/pressure vacuum breaker noises & rattling [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Korky one-piece anti siphon valve (#528) that auto fills our swimming pool. At the hose bib, we have a pressure vacuum breaker (with a black mushroom-type top on it). We have cartridge pool filters, which I recently cleaned and reclamped the cover. Finally, we have a Baracuda cleaner in...

Korky 528 anti siphon for pool auto fill [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. My pool auto-fill is a Korky 528 "anti siphon". It is fed from the hose bib going through an additional anti siphon valve. Is this second anti-siphon valve redundant? It is currently leaking and I would rather plumb it direct if I can. Thanks!

Help with pool fill with toilet fill valve [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I screwed in a Fluidmaster Universal Toilet Fill Valve into the socket for my pool water fill, but it isn't filling the pool. I do believe I have the correct height. Could it be that the "refill tube" is not attached to anything? There does not seem to be a place for this to attach to...

Korky pool auto fill [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Korky one-piece anti siphon valve (#528) that auto fills our swimming pool. How can it be adjusted?

View more questions Search