Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james atzemis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2018, 04:32 PM
    How to insulate a summer rental
    I have a summer cottage in north east Ohio that has no insulation. It is generally going to be used in the summer (Apr - Oct). I have removed the paneling from the inside of the exterior walls. Should I insulate or could it cause more issues , such as mold? I want to use dry wall on the interior side. Would I insulate and use a vapor retardant instead of a moister barrier?
    Russel Sherman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2018, 03:53 PM
    The purpose of insulation is to keep hot and cold air separated. There's a way to keep the hot air outside is to create an air pocket. You can create a space where an air pocket acts as a buffer between the outside and inside. That air pocket will absorb much of the outside cold or hot and keep the inside more livable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

British TV ad for something like summer radio music/summer festivals [ 0 Answers ]

Anyone remember a British TV ad for something like summer radio music/summer festivals where an overweight guy dances himself thin? I really want to know what the track was that was playing. Was it Sophie Ellis Bextor ('Why does it feel so good')? Somehow that doesn't seem quite right...

Paying child support during the summer, but I have her during the summer. [ 3 Answers ]

When we got our divorce, I didn't pay attention to the fact that I would be paying child support during the summer months too and I have the child during the summer. Can I file a petition for him to pay me payments during the summer months? I am basically paying him all year round.

How do insulate [ 6 Answers ]

The previous owner build an addition to the house and build basement under old portion of the house only, so on the bottom of the old portion he left empty space. So it's like empty space between floor and the fundament. There is no supporting beams and the floor is allways called. How can I...

Summer Switch on Furnace- on or off in summer? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Carrier furnace for central heat in the basement; the AC unit is newer and outside. I noticed that the Carrier unit has a "Summer Switch". Should it be set to off during the summer months?

Summer home, used as a rental [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a cottage in July '06, we fixed it up and enjoyed it for 2 months... after Labor Day we rented it for 3 months in 2006 for $700/month... Our full payment (monthly) is $1400. What is the best way to file this in our 2006 taxes? Also, we have it for sale now and should make around $34K...

View more questions Search