Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curlycheer Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 05:54 AM
    He has a girlfriend, but loves me.but pushes me
    I've been hanging out with this guy that I used to date about 3 weeks ago for about a month. At my 18th birthday 3 weeks ago, he got drunk and madeout with two of my friends and didn't understand why I was so upset. Also when he was drunk, he would push me into walls, refridgeraters, counters and would yell at me in front of my friends. He blamed it on the alcohol and didn't really apologize to me for it. I told him about a particular friend that I had, that I didn't really feel comfortable with him hanging out with because she is a flirt and would screw him right away because she's kind of a slut. Well he didn't listen and now they're dating.. and he knew it was the one thing that would hurt me the most. He calls me everyday and says how much he wants to be with me now. Yesterday he told me he loves me and wants to break up with his girlfriend. He also got drunk yesterday and was grabbing my arms and holding me down trying to have sex with me. I said no and then the issue started again about 10 minutes later. I really like this guy but I don't know what to do, I'm so confused.. do I let him go, or stick with it?
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 19, 2007, 06:11 AM
    RUN - LIKE - THE - WIND!

Seriously, why would you bother with someone who is a drunk, violence and tries to force sex with you? He doesn't sound like he's worth one iota of your time!

Tell him to leave you alone and to direct his affection towards his girlfriend!

You will find someone better than this, someone who treats you a million times better!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 06:15 AM
    RUN RUN RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

There isn't anything wrong with enjoying a few drinks, but not if u can't handle it, such as this guy!
    julesz7 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Babes you got to let him go. He knows that u like him and he will take the piss out of you... he already has by going with all of your mates. He is a player and you don't need an arsehole like that. And don't let the alcohol take the blame, he knows what he's doing!
    Good luck sweet. We can't let them mess us around, there is a nice guy out there who will worship the ground you walk on. Enjoy yourself and that 'guy' will find you
    mogoverthemoon Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Apr 20, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Speaking froma blokes point of view, I don't understand why you gave him a chance after the first time he pushed u? Let alone that after he tried to have sex with you when you were saying no that your even THINKING about giving him another chance, and imsure that that comes under some kind of rape law doesn't it? if you go back to him you've only got yourself to blame for his future actions and its sounds like it will only get worst sorry
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Get away from this guy and stay away from him. Forever! You have listed enough reasons to ring every warning bell in a woman's head when it comes to self protection and self respect. This guy has no respect for you and he certainly is not looking out for your own protection.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Sweetie, please read this:

- he got drunk and made out with two of your friends
    - he didn't understand why you were so upset
    - he pushed you into walls, refrigerators and counters
    - he yelled at you in front of your friends
    - he blamed his behaviour on alcohol
    - he didn't apologize for: a) getting drunk when he was with you; b) pushing you around; or c) yelling at you in front of your friends
    - he is dating the one person who you told him you didn't feel comfortable with him being with
    - he is dating someone who is 'kind of a slut'
    - dating this person is the one thing he knew would hurt you the most
    - he is dating someone while telling you that he wants to be with you
    - he told you he loves you yet he has a girlfriend
    - he got drunk AGAIN and was trying to force sex upon you

Hmmmmmmmmm... and you "really like" him??

Hun, you need to dump the guy, dump the "friend" he's dating, stop hanging about with such pond scum, get some counselling to figure out why you would allow yourself to be attracted to people like this and start focusing on more important things in life... LIKE YOU!!

You have a lot of growing up and figuring out to do. In the meantime, maybe you should make a list of what you REALLY want in a man and every time you are tempted to be with a bad boy, read that list and see how many of those qualities he has before even thinking about a date!

Love is respectful, caring, sharing, kind. It is not rude, ignorant, violent, disrespectful, or intentionally hurtful. When a man loves a woman he cherishes her, makes her feel like the most important person in the world, and never, NEVER makes excuses for his mistakes.

It sounds like you have not been treated well for a long time. It's at this point in your life where you have to realize that NOBODY will treat you the way you should be treated until you look after yourself.

Love, Didi
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 20, 2007, 06:42 PM
    All of the above answers are spot on - please listen to them as you are worth so much more!

Apr 26, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Should I just cut it off and not go with him? He's very clever.
    So I wrote about a week ago about a guy that would get drunk and push me around a bit and try to force sex on me when he was drunk. We settled things down and now I’m just really confused. While we were dating, I told him about a particular friend that I had that is a slut and I didn’t feel comfortable that he be in real contact with. Well, at my 18 birthday party, he got drunk and made out with her and now their dating. Well a few days ago he told me he loves me….but also loves the slut. I don’t really feel that I should be caught up in this stupid game of his whatsoever. He told my friend Courtney that he doesn’t know who to choose. I don’t want to be ‘chosen.’ I feel that I’m better than that. He wants to go my senior prom with me and I kind a want him to as well. I think we would have a lot of fun together. I know that I should let him go but it’s just so damn hard. Should I go for this one last night with him, or just cut things off now?:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Curly, you surely are kidding right? Do you really want to go with this abusive nutjob? You know, he might just get drunk before prom and ruin the whole night for you in front of your whole school. Is that what you want?

This loser is an addict and an abuser. You are very lucky so far. He has not killed you. But, he still has the chance, if you give it to him. Afterward he will only say it was because of the alcohol, he is sorry. But your parents won't hear that because they will be mourning your loss.

Get away from this loser, he should already be in jail for what he has done to you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 07:03 AM
    He kicks your butt, and is a drunk, and your confused about leaving, and you love him? Get him out of your life whatever it takes, and then seek professional help to guide you through the process of empowering yourself to not be a victim. This kind of treatment that you have accepted is not okay.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Sweetie, in addition to my previous post (which I think you should read every time you feel weak!), I have to say that if he doesn't know who to chose then he's not worth it anyway. My gosh, girl!! He made out with this girl at your 18th BIRTHDAY PARTY!? What an insensitive jerk!

You're right - you ARE better than that! If this guy has to chose between you and a 'slut' and can't make a decision... sigh... what does that do to your own feelings about yourself? Cut things off totally and completely FOREVER! You don't owe this guy a thing, and, honestly, hun... do you REALLY think you love someone who has done all these things to you?

If this guy tells someone who comes to you and says he can't make up his mind, your response should be: "HE can't make up his mind??? What does he have to make his mind up about? I wouldn't go to the prom with him anyways! We are done. He is an abusive, immature guy who doesn't respect me. Why would I go anywhere with him?"

The best thing that you can do for you (and for him, actually) is to permanently end this relationship. Please look after yourself.

Love, Didi
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 01:31 PM
    All I can say is why would anyone want a jerk like this,

Move on, honestly the homeless guy on the corner would have to be a better catch than this drunken abuser.
    taeshawn Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Apr 26, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Girl Ur Too Damn Young To Be Going Through This S**t... jus Wish Him An The Slut A Good And Happy Life In Hell... move On!!
    mogoverthemoon Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Apr 28, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Like I've said before leave him and never look back, or stay with him at you perill. Also do many of your friends know about this? because if my friend was getting treated like this by somebody they cared about I would kick their in a heart-beat! remember love 'if a guy treats a girl like this then he isn't worth the time of day'. Things like this make me wonder though- how can a guy like this who treats you so bad have you so smitten, but a guy like me who's 'a good guy' and wouldn't even think about such awful things be alone? The world isn't fair :confused:

Apr 29, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Well... he's in jail now... funny how it all turned out lol :)
    nandapal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 03:07 AM
    I love you

I can help you
    Username Here Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2008, 05:04 AM
    Hey,

From a guys point of view its absolutely forbidden to hit a girl let alone force yourself upon them. Now alcohol affects your actions considerably but he will know he needs to cut back on the drink, he's obviously not willing to do that to keep a friendship with you. I hit a girl when I was 12, the next day I went up to her and said, I'm sorry for hitting you, it was not the right thing to do, feel free to take a swing at me. At 12 I knew better than this guy who's (im guessing) 18.

Furthermore, he's dating the person you least want him to be with (and knows it) and wants a quick . He'll know you like him and he's gone out of his way to hurt you ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! This guy is kind of showing psychopathic behavior, he wants self gratification at your expense. Don't let this guy bog you down, you can do better than a want to be rapist and inconsiderate prick.

Oh, and avoid him at parties. If the guy doesn't cut back on his drink, one day he'll go all the way. Make sure you have someone soba at a party who can moderate or intervene if something happens.

Hope this helps,
    Louis.

EDIT: I posted this then realised there were more pages. :P
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlycheer
    he got drunk and madeout with two of my friends and didn't understand why i was so upset.

Also when he was drunk, he would push me into walls, refridgeraters, counters and would yell at me in front of my friends.

He blamed it on the alcohol and didn't really apologize to me for it.

I told him about a particular friend that i had, that i didn't really feel comfortable with him hanging out with because she is a flirt and would screw him right away because she's kind of a slut. well he didn't listen and now they're dating

..and he knew it was the one thing that would hurt me the most.

he calls me everyday and says how much he wants to be with me now. Yesterday he told me he loves me and wants to break up with his girlfriend. He also got drunk yesterday and was grabbing my arms and holding me down trying to have sex with me. I said no and then the issue started again about 10 minutes later. i really like this guy but i dont know what to do, im so confused..do i let him go, or stick with it?

Where is what you love so much about him? I sure don't see it in here!
    You say he didn't listen... sure he DID listen... you told him she is a slut and he ran right for it. That alone should tell you where his loyalty, values and all lie. It certainly is not with you. He got his free ride with 'the slut' and sees there is no future in it so he wants to go back with the tried and true relationship... until something else comes along that is up for grabs. How many times do you see yourself going through this with him before you realize it is not love (at least not on his part)? Find love that is a more solid foundation.
    unsurenow Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

Feb 4, 2010, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlycheer View Post
    So I wrote about a week ago about a guy that would get drunk and push me around a bit and try to force sex on me when he was drunk. We settled things down and now I’m just really confused. While we were dating, I told him about a particular friend that I had that is a slut and I didn’t feel comfortable that he be in real contact with. Well, at my 18 birthday party, he got drunk and made out with her and now their dating. Well a few days ago he told me he loves me….but also loves the slut. I don’t really feel that I should be caught up in this stupid game of his whatsoever. He told my friend Courtney that he doesn’t know who to choose. I don’t want to be ‘chosen.’ I feel that I’m better than that. He wants to go my senior prom with me and I kind a want him to as well. I think we would have a lot of fun together. I know that I should let him go but it’s just so damn hard. Should I go for this one last night with him, or just cut things off now?:confused:
    First of all, you found out the kind of guy he was when u warned him about a woman who gives it up so freely, you basically made it easy for him to make his way over to her, yuck what a scum.Never talk to a man about another woman, it makes you like the insecure one and the other woman like the secure oene. Do not take this alcoholic abuser back, u will regret wasting your life with him.What if u have his child? You think he will then stop drinking and stop pushing or hitting you by that point? Your baby will suffer, and he may start to trun on the kid, run like hell save yourself a lifetime of heart ache, it will hurt for a minute now, but that is a small sacrifice to prevent a lifetime of hell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend Loves Me, But Doesn't Like Me [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm 16 years old, and lately I've been having quite a bit of girlfriend trouble (She's almost 16). My girlfriend and I used to get along great, and we spent quite a decent amount of time together, but I noticed that she didn't really seem to want or liked to spend time...

He doesn't know if he loves me [ 10 Answers ]

I guess I should let him go and give him time and wait till he comes bak but I don't know what to do... :(

Toilet pushes air/water back only when . [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am on a home owned sewer system ( Hoot Sewer Sytem) This just started yesterday. The system pump is on a timer that runs every 30 minutes approx. And runs for 10 minutes or so. It seems when ever the pump comes on... First the water in toilet seems to get sucked out...

She loves me she loves me not [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been on and off for the past 6 months. She liked this other guy before we started dating and now I'm confused if I should trust her or not with him. She also hasn't shown much interest in our relationship. What do I do?

My girlfriend needs space but she loves me she says [ 6 Answers ]

I've been in this relationship with my girlfriend for 5 months now. Everything has been amazing between us we have spent almost every day together doing something even if it was just watching a movie or talking for 5 minutes. Recently she has had some problems with another girl wanting to fight...

View more questions Search