Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ennogs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2018, 08:01 PM
    Working out my holiday/vacation entitlement
    I have been tearing my hair out over this lol.

I am trying to work my holiday (vacation) entitlement out. Can somebody please tell me if I am right?

I get 27 days holiday plus the bank holidays (public holidays). My work year is 1st of April to 31st of March. Due to Easter moving about that means this year I get 7 days as bank holidays. In total this year I get 34 days holiday entitlement

If I worked full time I would do 7.5 hours per day and work 5 days per week = 37.5 hours per week. 34 holidays days x 7.5 hours a day = 255 hours holiday entitlement. If I was full time every time I take holiday day I would lose 7.5 hours/1 day from my holiday entitlement.

I don’t work full time. I do 18.45 hours per week which is half a week’s work. I don’t work 2.5 days though. I work 3 days per week and do 6.45 hours a day.

Based on that information am I correct in saying

This year I get 127.5 hours holiday entitlement (half of a full time worker). Every time I take a holiday day I take off 6.15 hours from my holiday entitlement

Or should it simply be

I get 34 days holiday entitlement. Every time I take a holiday day I just take a day off my holiday entitlement.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2018, 05:33 PM
    Unless there is some law that governs this for your location. The wording does not sound like this is from the US. It is entirely company policy. So you would have to ask the personal department

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working Holiday Visa [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I came in Canada from Italy in September with a working holiday visa, so I received the work permit of 6 months. Now I found a job and I am working for a Telemarketing company in Montreal, so I'd like to extend my stay as worker over than 6 months. The expiry date is in March 2014 but I am not...

Overstayed canadian working holiday by one month? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am irish and was in Canada on a working holiday visa I overstayed by one month what troubles could I have in the future for returning as visitor and what should I do? My passport was not stamped on exit, and did not receive any departure order I would like to go back after 4 months as...

Water heater working poorly after vacation. [ 1 Answers ]

We came back from a 10 day vacation and found that we didn't have hot water in the shower. We have an electric hot water heater. I checked the circuit breakers and they were fine. We called a plumber and he looked at it--checked the circuits at the top and the bottom on the water heater and said...

Shoplifting on working holiday visa [ 8 Answers ]

Am on a working holiday visa. It allows me to travel anywhere in the country and work in any city if I please. It is a two year visa only, and you cannot renew or extend it. I was caught shoplifting at the Hudson Bay store, I had previously taken something from there before, shame I know....

Got holiday tickets not paid for holiday [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I really hope someone can help me. I booked a holiday in Feb and only paid low deposit. Then due to finaces I did not pay anymore so could not go. This morning the holiday tickets (flight and accommodation ) arrived. I went on the website to try and pre-book the flight seats and it let...

View more questions Search