Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hcarter7548 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2018, 01:31 PM
    No power in bathroom after breaker and GFI replaced.
    I have no power at all in my masterbath. I changed my GFI outlet and the breaker but I still don't have any power. Where could I go from here before I call an electrician. Thank you
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 17, 2018, 05:13 PM
    Does the breaker trip or does the GFCI receptacle trip?

Step one, turn the breaker off and verify that the receptacle is installed correctly. Most often that is the error. The second most common error is the breaker is not wired correctly. Is this a GFCI breaker or a standard breaker. You do not want to protect a GFCI receptacle with a GFCI Breaker. The two of them do not behave nicely.

If it is the GFCI receptacle, you need to check device downstream of the GFCI.. It is reacting to a short somewhere in the circuit.

If the breaker is tripping, disconnect the feed side of the GFCI receptacle, turn the breaker back on and see if it trips. If it does, there is a problem between the circuit breaker and the GFCI breaker.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2018, 05:37 AM
    Did you push the reset button on the GFCI? If this outlet is wired to or from another source did you make sure you used Line and Load sides properly? Did you measure to see if the breaker is showing out voltage? Breaker set properly? Why did you change the breaker and outlet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power to bathroom went off, circuit breaker to room "on" [ 2 Answers ]

Heard a beep-, Thought we had a brownout but only thing effected is bathroom lights, outlet, and fan (different plugs). Switched circuit off/on couple times.. nothing! Everything else in house is working

REplaced well pump, wired wrong, blew fuses, replaced fuses, now no power. Now what. [ 12 Answers ]

My husband replaced our well pump, didn't read instructions for wiring, so wired it wrong. Hit the power and blew the fuses. He replaced the fuses, but there is still no power whatsoever to the well. We checked breakers in the house although none are marked as controlling the well. All appears fine...

Replaced circuit breaker still no power to garage [ 5 Answers ]

There was an overload many times on this specific breaker, and we replaced it and there is still no power to the garage. It was a double switch 20 amp circuit breaker/fuse that was replaced, and the main switch outside to the power was shut off before we replaced the breaker. There was a severe...

All receptacles quit working, & bathroom switch, changed breaker, still no power. [ 2 Answers ]

We were vacuuming master bedroom, and all of sudden all the receptacles went out, bathroom also and light switch. I got my tester, checked receptacles and get low light when bathroom switch is on, and when I turn the bathroom switch to off the tester shows I have no power to receptacles. I...

View more questions Search