Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    log Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2018, 11:21 AM
    Harassment?
    I'm being hated amongst all fellow workers?
    What do I do?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 17, 2018, 11:26 AM
    Leave and find a new job.

Nov 17, 2018, 02:38 PM
    Harassment?
    It feels like everyone has turned against me in the workplace.
    I don’t know what to do. Please help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2018, 02:44 PM
    Since you haven’t given us any details into your situation, the best we can advise is to quit and get a new job.

Nov 17, 2018, 02:55 PM
    Well, I do my job for the best of my ability. I love my job. Just got a promotion, ever since, one by one of my coworkers are turning against me. I do help each one of them out when in need. Turns out that all of them will not hesitate to tell the boss false information about me. I’m a male by the way.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2018, 03:00 PM
    Why do you think they have turned against you? Are you doing something they don't like such as behaving a certain way, maybe making them feel like they are stupid or not doing a good job? Is there a coworker you can ask?

Nov 17, 2018, 05:49 PM
    Unfortunately, as of this moment I don’t feel the trust to be asking anyone right now. I just feel depressed and stressed. Like was just struck by lightning. I guess time will tell where I end up. Maybe it is my behaviour, I don’t know.
    Maybe some advice as of how to cope with this, or just to even reverse this curse would be nice. Thanks in advance.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2018, 06:15 PM
    Well, you need input from someone -- the boss? an employee you are comfortable with? How many employees are there? May I ask, what is the type of business done?

Nov 17, 2018, 07:06 PM
    There are about 5 employees including 1 female that are doing this to me. Playing nasty games. Type of business is construction. Somehow they convinced the boss.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2018, 07:57 PM
    But you just got a promotion. Has the boss regretted this? Or told you that you don't deserve it? Why haven't you talked with him about this? I still don't understand what's going on. What false information have they told the boss?

Nov 17, 2018, 09:06 PM
    That I’m unsafe when I am, they seem to plot things to make it look real. These certain workers are particularly “lazy” just don’t like to work. As I said, I got a higher position to better myself, seems like they don’t want to accept this. I know where you are coming from and do appreciate it but right gut now I’m really confused as we altogether were doing just fine until I got this higher up position.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2018, 09:20 PM
    I'm guessing they're jealous. You were one of them, on their level, but now you're a cut above. Do you supervise them now? Certainly the boss must have figured out what's going on.

Meanwhile, continue to be nice to them and look for things they do well, then compliment them. Don't be fake or high-five them when they don't deserve it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 17, 2018, 09:43 PM
    Talk to your boss, tell him/her how you're feeling about what's going on, and ask for advice on how to handle this. Talk to the employees, tell them that if they're going to lie about you, you'll tell the truth about them, i.e. that they're lazy and don't do the work they're supposed to (as you posted).

Or could it be that you really are the problem? Could their complaints be legitimate? We don't know, we only have your side of the story.

Either way, either find a way to deal with it, or find a new job.

Nov 18, 2018, 01:54 PM
    Anyhow, it’s more complicated than it sounds. Thank you guys for all the comments and advice. Hopefully everything turns out for the best.

I think this is what is going on, I will continue to be nice and compliment as usual. Thanks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 18, 2018, 02:54 PM
    How long have you worked at this company as compared to the other workers?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassment [ 12 Answers ]

I was a victim of a crime I was jumped by five people in the hospital for seven days my jaw was broken in two spots my mouth was wired shut for ten weeks we went to court 8/27/13 >name removed< was found guilty and so was his girlfriend long story short me and my wife go out for the first time in...

Harassment [ 1 Answers ]

Phone harassment, making threats to come to place of employment

Harassment [ 3 Answers ]

I am divorce and I parted of my – ex, one month ago. But, at present he calls me every day and baits me by telephone. What to make and I am protected by law? Thank you

Cps harassment [ 7 Answers ]

My brother in law was accused of child abuse of his daughter while staying with us. His ex-wife is claiming a bruise on his daughters leg is abuse. CPS came to our house and asked questions of course. But they wanted to interview our daughters who are 6 and 8. My niece is 3 and states it...

I think its harassment [ 3 Answers ]

Here's the thing, I have been getting e-mails from my ex about her wanting to get back together with me, even though I told her I already had a girlfriend. She ignored that, and consistently sends me notes, e-mail, e-mails pictures of her"self" if you know what I mean, and the other day, she even...

View more questions Search