Nov 16, 2018, 01:03 PM
    Papyrus Leaf
    Brown spots on the papyrus fruit leaf
    What is it
    Attached Images

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 16, 2018, 01:22 PM
    From indoor and outdoor gardeners alike, one of the most common gardening questions is, Why do my plants have spotted and brown leaves? And while there are many reasons for plain old brown spots, when those spots look like little brown bull’s-eyes, the answer my friends, is fairly simple , organism-wise that is. Those plant leaf spots are caused by one of nature’s most basic organisms: a fungus. Plants with Spotted Leaves Fungal leaf spot can be found in your outdoor garden as well as on your houseplant. Spotted leaves occur when fungal spores in the air find a warm, wet, plant surface to cling to. As soon as that microscopic spore gets comfortable in its new home, sporulation (the fungal method of reproduction) occurs and the tiny brown fungal leaf spot begins to grow. Soon the circle grows large enough to touch another circle and now the fungal leaf spot looks more like a blotch. Eventually the leaf turns brown and falls to the soil where the spores sit and wait for the next available warm, wet, plant surface so the fungal leaf spot process can begin again.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Plants With Spotted Leaves: Fungal Leaf Spot Treatments https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/pla...leaf-spots.htm
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2018, 01:35 PM
    Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Papyrus [ 2 Answers ]

Is that white fly on the papyrus leaves?

Leaf shedding vs Leaf removal [ 2 Answers ]

Indigenous trackers are able to tell by looking at a fallen leaf as to whether it was natural shed or was traumatic removed by a passing animal. I presume that this was done by examining the petiole of the fallen leaf and in particular the abscission zone. I have examined many leaves both shed and...

Leaf project [ 3 Answers ]

Okay while I have a leaf project and need help I have to find the name and the scincefic name for leaves in West Virginia I have already have some leaves and can't find a website that would tell me what I need to know. :eek:

Leaf diseases [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 new cucumber plants in my greenhouse but the leaves are turnung white can you tell me why? >Moved from Forum Help<

View more questions Search