Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickSmitChina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2018, 12:18 AM
    Transistor secrets
    Is there a reason why there is a need to connect a powerful resistor to the base pin of a transistor, other than the base has a lower maximum current rating?

On circuits bought within some appliances, I see the transistor base pins are connected to a powerful resistor, usually within the 1000s of ohm, and this is enough to make current almost non-existant on a reader... why does the base resistor need to be that powerful?

1_is it to prolong the transistor to its maximum life span?
    2_is it that each transistor has a SPECIAL amperage that makes it turn on and off, other than that maximum base current rating?

Check out some similar questions!

Resoldering wires in transistor radio [ 4 Answers ]

I found an old Channel Master transistor radio (from around 1960) and had it working. However, when I went to clean it (it was filthy), I pulled a wire loose from the circuit board. In the process of getting to the broken wire I pulled several more loose. I resoldered wires I was certain of, and...

Transistor for fan control [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm trying to fix a chinese fan control, but I ave problems identifying one of its transistors. Apparently it says. IRF60N IR849P 01 4X Is this code right? The fan manages 24 volts and is located on the top of driver's seat. It has 3 operation modes:

NPN Transistor [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I need a alternate of 2N6040 & 2N4045 Any website for alternatives of these transistors? Thanks

Transistor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi What is the work of transistor

Transistor [ 2 Answers ]

How does a transistor works as an amplifier? I want to know the reason of this amplification.Why does a small change in base current causes a large change in collector current?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.