Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AdamFrankie Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2018, 11:13 PM
    Foreign Money
    I am looking for option to save money while having a foreign money exchange. What the most important thing that I am missing. Every where you go you are charged and there is a huge commission amount.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2018, 04:37 PM
    Am I missing a question fully?

Money is bought and sold, there are commissions for doing it, which is why it is harder to make money, unless you are trading large sums.

Where are you trading now? What type of level are you trading, 100,000 ? 10,000, 100 dollars ?
    AdamFrankie Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2018, 10:28 PM
    Like for example the exchange rates are high and it will surely cost me a huge amount. I will particularly looking for a deal where at least there are no commission charges.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2018, 04:29 PM
    If this is just a few thousand or hundred for your personal use while you travel, there is always a fee. Sometimes you can purchase from your own home town bank, and they may waive some fees,if you are a "known" customer and have important accounts there. Also if you have a good ATM card, many of them will work at a small charge to use oversea.

If you want to use a higher risk, there are normally private individuals that hang out near money exchanges that do private exchanges.

Also if you are doing enough money, ask for a deal.

But My bank, had no real fee, when I used local ATM's oversea, and I did that often

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Money received in foreign country in foreign bank account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, 1. If I receive money from my father as a gift in Indian in my Indian Bank Account,will it be considered as income and does it need to be reported to IRS as a taxable income?The amount is less than 30k USD. 2. Sometimes I send money to my parents account in India(I do not have...

Foreign money IRS question [ 0 Answers ]

I have recently renouce my country's(Singapore) citzenship and I will be withdrawing all my Central Provident Fund from Singapore and transfer to my US account. Will I be tax for the money? I know I need to report the money but I am not sure if I will be tax here in US since I was already paid the...

World War II foreign money? [ 1 Answers ]

I found a lot of foreign currency while cleaning out my father's house. German marks dated 1909, 1910, l914, etc. Money from Belgium and France also. Do you think these are worth anything?

Foreign money transfer tax [ 2 Answers ]

My husband (US resident) and I (US citizen) want to transfer $50,000 dollars from our bank in Mexico to our bank account in the US. This money is from a business investment that we made 8 years ago in Mexico and has already been taxed in Mexico. Do we have to pay taxes on it again here in the US?

Foreign money [ 2 Answers ]

Value of Briefmarken stamps and coins, francobolli timbres?

View more questions Search