Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowgrl90210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 05:19 AM
    I don't know what I want!
    I'm a 3rd yr electrical engineering student. This year I have 2 important exams to study for which will determine my future. I know it's really important. On the other hand I'm into modelling and seriously want to participate in a beauty paegent. People do tell me to try it out and I think I have the potential to do it. But I'm kind of stuck in between because modelling is something so different and it's a full time thing. ANd where I'm right now I just can't give up on my engineering degree after almost finishing 3 yrs. What do I do? The problem is I don't really know what I want. How do I know that for sure. I do like studying even though I have to push myself to study all the time. I get good grades though I study at the last moment.

The only thing I genuinely enjoy is to watch TV. Should I try out handling both?? Studying for exams to get into masters program and also joining the gym to get into great shape? Right now I'm not doing either of these things... so confused right now. Help me out...
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Modeling is a short-term gig, engineering is long-term. Don't sacrifice the long-term for the short-term. Which would be worse, being an ex-model without an engineering degree, or being an engineer without a modeling gig on your resume?

The only thing I genuinely enjoy is to watch TV.
    That's just sad. You need to get out more, cultivate some new interests, make some new friends.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 09:48 PM
    I agree with the above post. Get your degree. If you want to enter a beauty pageant, then do it. It doesn't have to take up a lot of your time. But, your studies should come first.

Also, if you do want to model, then it doesn't have to be a full time thing. Lots of magazines hire people on a per service basis. It would be money on the side in addition to earning your potentially great income as an engineer.

Another thing, think of what kinds of people involved in their professions truly have the ability to shape the world of all of us in the long run. Would it be models or engineers?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Just a another thought for you. I don't watch T.V. I get a lot more done because I don't watch T.V. I did watch T.V. a lot in my youth. But, I don't find much of anything interesting on it anymore, unless it would be really, really good movies or some documentaries.

It is a matter of choice. I could choose to watch T.V. but because of everything in which I am involved, I enjoy doing those things much more than watching T.V.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search