Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2018, 06:29 AM
    Toilet Problem Any Ideas
    New drain field is okay. But that is not the problem
    Toilet flushes okay, but with large poop it goes down slowly
    After it breaks down the toilet flushes okay
    Problem seems to be between the toilet and the outside.
    Clean out plug shows water going out. This partial block
    May be a tree root or something that hold up large items
    Until they breakdown. Small items or loose material has no problem.
    Guess need a camera to see what the blockage is??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 12, 2018, 08:20 AM
    I'm old school! 3 buckets of water is a good flush, AND cheap! That goes for every toilet in the house since likely they meet up somewhere as they leave the house. Never hurts to observe the flushing mechanisms when flushing solids, nor checking the functions of the holes under the rim, or the jet siphon function from that other hole at the bottom of the toilet.

I would start there before I got a camera guy out. You must first verify the efficiency of the toilet as not enough flush could be as simple as a clogged siphon jet as a tree root. Marked C below. (There are holes that get clogged with mineral deposits in B also, that should be checked and cleaned.)

From: How Does A Toilet Work, Learn the basics of toilet function. DIY toilet repair.

When was the last time you checked inside the tank and its equipment? What type is it? Once that has been eliminated you move to the next logical step. Let me know what you find.

Note; You said the drain field is new. How new? What of the drain lines going to it? What are they?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any Ideas with my wiring problem? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so here's the situation. Started with two light sockets in my garage ceiling, wanted to replace them with outlets so that I could hang four flourescents. Didn't note the original wiring, now I'm tearing my hair out. Garage has two boxes in the ceiling, and two 3-way switches Switch A...

Toilet problem [ 2 Answers ]

No water coming in to the toilet tank from the pipe on the wall and it's not frozen it's summer here . Anyone have an answer thanks .

Toilet fill valve is stuck, any ideas how to remove it? *Newbie* [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to install a new 'Korky toilet fill valve and premium flapper' in my 81yr old dad's toilet.. I have never done this before, I shut off the water under the tank and removed the nut under the old fill valve, however when I attempt to remove the old fill valve only part of it comes...

Help! No drainage in my house, toilet backs up into the tub when I plunge. Any ideas? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I would like help trouble shooting my plumbing problem. I have a very very slow drain to no drainage at all in the house, when I plunge the toilet it backs up into the tub, when I plunge the tub nothing happens. Also when I plunge I don't feel any suction what so ever. Which is odd because...

Slow Draining Toilet, Clogged somewhere, any ideas? [ 4 Answers ]

:mad: Well we just had a 200 dollar visit from Mr. Rooter the other day. But it seems like we may still have a problem. Our toilet was draining slowly and we snaked everything and it still did it. (we just bought this house).. so we were then walking around back and I saw a hole.. with what I...

View more questions Search