Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    USTX5454 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2018, 06:26 PM
    Money Transfer from US bank to US bank
    Wondering why does it takes 4-7 business days to transfer money from one bank to another bank in US?. I transferred money from Discover bank to Bank of america and it takes 5 days!! WTH?.

With Remitly or RIAmoney transfer to INDIA from US, it takes 4hrs... But within US, it takes 5+ days?.

What exactly is the delay?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 11, 2018, 07:37 AM
    Entirely up to the individual banks how they process bank transfers with other banks. 5 days is pretty standard for a waiting period. Depends on the policies and agreements they have between them, and past practice histories with other banks, and with the ones who are making those transfers.
    USTX5454 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2018, 03:29 PM
    OK.. My question was why so much delay... 5 days v/s 4hrs (dom v/s intl)...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International money transfer to us bank account [ 4 Answers ]

How long does it take for a international transfer take to be deposited into a US bank account?

Money transfer from foreign bank to US bank [ 2 Answers ]

How much money can be transferred without suspicion or red flags from a foreign bank (say Africa) to a US bank?

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

Transfer money from a foreign bank to an american bank [ 2 Answers ]

I am a student in California. I have a bank account in England. I want to transfer that money to my Bank of Ameica account. How do I do that without going back to England?

View more questions Search