Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dnych16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2018, 11:51 AM
    Dropped necklace down top spout (overflow drain of bathroom sink how do I get it out.
    Dropped necklace down top spout (overflow drain of bathroom sink how do I get it out. Tried coat hanger no luck. Ran water with the U pipe unplugged it didn' come ou
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2018, 12:28 PM
    If you pull the entire drain out of the sink, you should be able to get the necklace out of the overflow slot. Disconnect the P trap, remove the lift lever assembly, unscrew the large nut under the drain tailpiece, pull the drain out, you should see a slot from the overflow. Need to use plumbers putty or silicone on the drain body when reassembling. Good Luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 10, 2018, 04:38 PM
    Agree, will need to take drain off back
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2018, 11:07 AM
    Agree With both experts

John
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 16, 2018, 07:44 PM
    Just don't run water ! Disassemble trap, look inside the trap if it is there... if not, remove drain stopper, and it should be right there, about 2" bellow the sink, hanging on pop-up mechanism... Let's hope you didn't flush it down the drain already

Please, let us know if you managed to recover it

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dropped necklace down overflow drain [ 2 Answers ]

Dropped necklace jewel down overflow drain. No water was running. How do I get it out?

Bathtub overflow after kitchen sink and bathroom sink use. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I live in 23 story condo. And every time I use kitchen sink or bathroom sink my bathtub gets filled with water. I have disposable in my kitchen sink. Have tried Drano but not working. What can I do?

New bathroom sink backs up halfway, quickly drains, repeat.. no overflow in this sink [ 2 Answers ]

I just very proudly finished installing our new second floor bathroom sink drains. Two different vanities, two different walls. I ran the water steadily in both of them for 10 minutes. One works fine. The other backs up about halfway up the bowl, then suddenly quickly drains everything and...

Why would someone close off the bathroom sinks drain in sink overflow holes [ 1 Answers ]

Our house is 40 years old with the original bathroom sink... There is an overflow hole on the top inside of the sink, which is still open with water in it and smells... Some one closed off with metal on the overflow drain in the pipe you can see where the holes were... We unblocked one on the...

Dropped diamond in bathroom sink [ 1 Answers ]

I dropped my diamond ear ring down the drain in the bathroom sink. Can I retrieve it? Could it still be there?

View more questions Search