Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyeshia21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2018, 08:47 PM
    Math problem
    Dollar General sold garden hoses at a reduced price of $7.64 and took an end-of-season markdown of $12.35. What was the original selling price of each hose? Use the formula M S N  (Markdown = selling price- reduced price).
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 10, 2018, 02:25 AM
    Well you have the formula, just rearrange it to give you the selling price then put the numbers in.
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2019, 05:55 AM
    "Dollar General sold garden hoses at a reduced price of $7.64 and took an end-of-season markdown of $12.35. What was the original selling price of each hose? Use the formula M S N  (Markdown = selling price- reduced price)."

That formula gives you the answer in a round-about way. If the reduced price is $7.64 after a markdown of $12.35, then the original price was $19.99 (or S + M = OP). If you stuck with that formula then:
    M = S - R
    $12.35 = S - $7.64
    $12.35 + $7.64 = S -$7.64 + $7.64
    $19.99 = S

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with math problem please! [ 10 Answers ]

A school's two sports fields, field A and field B, both have dimensions x yd by x yd. The school decides to make field A and field B each 5 yd wider, and to make field B 10 yd longer. Find a simplified expression for the ratio of the new area of field B to the new area of field A. Find the value of...

Math problem [ 16 Answers ]

A rabbit and a frog jump toward each other. The rabbit takes two jumps for every three jumps of the frog. The two jumping animals are 27m away, and it takes the rabbit 4 jumps to cover 1m How many jumps will the frog take before they are both in same place?

I need help with this math problem please and ty [ 1 Answers ]

Getting the x by itself 3(x-2)-(x+5)-2(3-2x)=18 I need step by step I have to show my work thanks a lot I'm very confused right now

Math Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Larry takes 1 1/2 times as long to go 72 miles upstream as he takes to go 72 miles downstream. If the speed of the boat in still water is 30mph, what is the speed of the current? The answer is provided for this one as 6mph, but I don't even know where to begin in setting it up. Help?

View more questions Search