Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyhall050118 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2018, 09:36 AM
    How do I amortize a utility deposit
    I have to create an amortization schedule for a $20k utility deposit. We would get that deposit back only if we were to close down. How long should I amortize?
    charangupta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2018, 01:16 AM
    A deposit on utilities is recorded with a debit to the asset account Utilities Deposit and a credit to the asset account Cash. The account Utilities Deposit will be reported as a current asset if the company expects the amount to be returned by the utilities within one year of the balance sheet date. If the deposit will not be returned within one year of the balance sheet date, it will be reported as a long-term asset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amortize a loan [ 1 Answers ]

Find monthly house payments necessry to amortize a 9.6% loan of $241,700 over 15 years

If you pay your utility bill with a check, does utility get debit and cash credit [ 3 Answers ]

If you pay your utility bill with a check, does utility get debit and cash credit

Amortize the discount for these bonds [ 1 Answers ]

Sears issues bonds with a par value of $138,000 on January 1, 2009. The bond' annual contract rate is 6%, and interest is paid semiannually on June 30 and December 31. The bonds mature in three years. The annual market rate at the date of issuance is 8%, and the bonds are sold for $131,100. Use...

How long to amortize for? [ 1 Answers ]

I am needing information on what length of time to amortize an asset over? Is there information on how long to use or does it depend on the asset? For example if you have a vehicle or a computer, how is it decided on the number of years to amortize? Please point me in the correct direction for...

If total utility is decreasing, then marginal utility is [ 0 Answers ]

If total utility is decreasing, then marginal utility is

View more questions Search