Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarkhail Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2018, 06:57 AM
    The Way We Live Now
    I'm reading The Way We Live Now and have a problem with this paragraph:
    The one thing I'm sure I couldn't take, Jan said he said to her, is becoming disfigured, but Stephen hastened to point out the disease doesn't take that form very often anymore, its profile is mutating, and, in conversation with Ellen, wheeled up words like blood-brain barrier; I never thought there was a barrier there, said Jan.
    I can't understand the bold part. What's the meaning of wheeled up words
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 10:48 AM
    Your question was answered on Stackexchange. I'm thinking "wheeled-up" means fancier and at a higher level of education, more erudite.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I live in FL and my 15 year old niece wants to live with me her parents are separated [ 1 Answers ]

We all in the state of FL, my brother and his wife have separated, not legaly but he has moved out 13 months ago, the mother who is 47 now has a 32 year old boyfriend who spends som noghts at her apt. My brother an his wife cannot speak to one another without there being an argument. My 15 year old...

Totally free live major league baseball games live online [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking for totally free, no hidden costs, no gimmicks, no free trial only, no virus or malware, proven reliable online feeds for live major league baseball games. I just want to go to the site, click on the game I want to watch and simply watch the game. This is so much harder to find than it...

Opening live mail opens live messenger. [ 1 Answers ]

This is getting kind of annoying as it lags my PC... Everyime I log into my windows live mail/hotmail it opens windows live messenger, regardless whether I want to use it or not. Any ideas? I checked the Windows Live Messenger's settings but found nothing. Btw, I use IE 8 and I'm running...

View more questions Search