Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    padmasha1988120 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2018, 11:08 PM
    Compund interest
    Anyone can help me to solve it?

At a certain fixed rate of compound interest per annum, how long it takes to generate an investment of 1 to n? Assume that only one amount is invested at the beginning of the time and no withdrawal is allowed.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 02:18 PM
    The basic formula is:

FV = PV(1+i)^n

Not sure what you mean by "generate an investment of 1 to n" - please clarify. But if you know the ratio of future value to present value, and if you know the rate of interest 'i', you can calculate the time required in years 'n' by rearranging the above equation and taking the logarithm of both sides. Example: to double your investment you have FV/PV = 2, and the above equation yields:

2 = (1+i)^n

Take the log of both sides:

log(2) = n log(1+i)

Rearrange:

n = log(2)/log(1+i)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deduct home mortgage interest and equity loan interest [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an H1B holder. (Indian citizen) Resident for tax purposes. Status: Married Filing Jointly. My wife is not working. Kindly let me know how should I report my home mortgage interest and equity loan interest. I have home outside US(India) on which I have both home mortgage and equity...

Want to invest 15000 pm @12% yearly compund interest for 7 years. Find maturity [ 1 Answers ]

I want to invest Rs. 15000 per month @12% yearly compund interest for 7 years. Please calculate maturity amount after 7 years

Fixing Compund Miter Saw out of square [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I was given an older, 10" Craftsman Compound Miter Saw. It's used, but doesn't look like it's gotten much use. The saw is out of square and doesn't make straight cuts. I put a square along the fence and it doesn't run straight along the blade. I tried to adjust the fence but it isn't able...

Compund interest [ 3 Answers ]

Question 1: If 10,000 is deposited in a money market when interest is coumpounded every month at an annual rate of 5%, the total amount accumulated at the end of a 5 years will be? A) 12,762.82 B) 10,210.08 C) 12,833.59 D) None of these Question 2: What would cost to buy a U.S Treasury...

View more questions Search