Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trauden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2018, 04:05 AM
    Math
    Dear all members,
    Anyone knows this non-linear differential equation related to what mechanic system.

x ̈+x ̇^3+x=0
    (or dx/dt=z, dz/dt=-x-x^3)
    Deeply appreciate to any help.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 8, 2018, 02:38 PM
    I assume the middle term is x-dot (it's not very clear, and it would mean you left the "dot" off the x^3 term in the second line). Please confirm that this is what you meant:

That velocity cubed term is a puzzler. If that term was velocity squared I would say the system involves resistance from air or fluid flow, which is often modeled as being proportional to the square of velocity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Math [ 1 Answers ]

(1) in order to prepare a piece of groud for buliding a brick patio,a rectangle measuring 8 feet by 10 feet must be marked off.then the dirt within the rectangular must be dug out to a depth of 6 inches.finally,the resulting space must be filled with sand. (a) what is the volume of...

?Math 110-finite math [ 1 Answers ]

A company's computer must consist of 4 letters with no repetition. How many passwords are possible?

To take math or not to take math? Warning:long [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I need some advice. I'm currently a high school junior, and I am HOPELESS at mathematics. I've always managed to scrape by with 65s, and trust me its not lack of effort, I try really hard. All my other grades are over 90s, with the exception of sciences which are in the high 80s. Last year I...

Which math is easier- college algbera or liberal arts math? [ 2 Answers ]

What math is easier- college algbera or liberal arts math?

I need math skills on this math problems [ 6 Answers ]

81 divided by 3726.83 divided by 3158

View more questions Search