Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2018, 08:24 AM
    Derogatory info on internet about person
    Several months ago I joined a group of writers. The same day I joined I looked up one of the senior writers on the internet on Google. There was damaging information about him of an incident that happened over 20 years ago. (must be public information or something to have it still be there).
    Well, anyway, I was totally SHOCKED but I never let on to the person that I KNEW ALL THIS.
    I would like to tell him I saw it SO THAT HE MAY TRY TO REMOVE IT, IF POSSIBLE.
    I don't want him to be upset or mad at me that I know.
    Does anyone have a suggestion on this as to what I should do?
    Tell him or not?
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2018, 09:35 AM
    Why would he be mad at something you saw and told him about.

But if the information is true, there is no real way to remove it, unless he just asked and they said yes.

You can ask them to remove it, if you wanted to.

But you just tell them you saw this and that they may want to try to remove it. If they get angry, that is just their issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death and internet info [ 7 Answers ]

My son just died. He left behind a 7yo child. If you type his name into the search bar a mug shot of when he was arrested for (non-driving) DUI comes up. He was in his car waiting for a driver to take him home. He was sick and drank to stop the pain and was a diabetic. He regretted it. I wish the...

Need help getting person info [ 2 Answers ]

This person scammed me and put me in debt for over $2500 the only way I can even attempt to go to the police is if I have some sort of information on him all I have is a photo and a name. I don't even know if that's his real name.

Internet contact info [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find out the email addresses of corporations, businesses, politicians, heads of governments overseas, movie stars, recording celebrities, etc. I consider myself politically active and would like to contact these individuals and businesses to urge support for social issues, but want...

View more questions Search