Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2018, 08:16 AM
    Self Employed Question
    Church member wants to start selling items as a self employee person.
    Does he collect social security and medicare contributions on a quarterly basic
    For himself ?

How much income would he need to set aside FICA contributions
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 5, 2018, 08:09 AM
    He will need to pay self-employment tax of 15.3% (12.4% for Social Security and 2.9% for Medicare) as well as income tax on the net income from his small business. There is no "break even threshold" on the self-employment, as it's a flat 15.4%. He should file estimated tax payments quarterly if the amount of tax owed for the year will exceed $1,000.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2018, 08:57 AM
    Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Self Employed [ 6 Answers ]

Unusual question young David is self-employed, only problem he doesn’t make any income. He talking about setting up a S Corp. Question is do you need to register somewhere as being self-employed despite not making a dime. That is the young folks that has the seniors puzzled? He lives in his...

Can self-employed UK citizen work self-employed in USA? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a UK citizen self employed in the UK, and thinking of applying for a USA tourist visa for several months holiday. Can I earn money from occasional self-employment in the USA and if so what do I need to know about paying tax?

Question multiple choice return on capital employed [ 1 Answers ]

the profit before interest extracted from a companys profit and loss account is $128000,interest expenses was $8000. Below is the balance sheet fixed assets.. $485000 net current assets.. $27000 longterm liabilities-debentures... $80000 how much is return on capital employed? the...

Self employed [ 1 Answers ]

My son has the desire to be an independent contractor and be self Employed. He has a college degree in Computer Science. I have No idea how to go about this endeavor. How would he promote Himself to obtain clients. Acting as a consultant. Or troubleshooter. Perhaps in professional...

Self Employed [ 1 Answers ]

In 2006 (this year) I managed to earn $60000 as a contractor (I work 100% from home doing programming work) I'm in the state of Texas, so what taxes do I have to file and how many percentage are they? This is my first time being self employed. So far after reading online, ii know I have ot file...

View more questions Search