Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffanibarger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2018, 08:02 AM
    Do I still have to pay child support after my child has been adopted?
    My child was taken by Lutheran Social Services then the judge took my rights away so does that mean that I still have to pay child support if not how do I get them to stop taking child support out of my checks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 2, 2018, 09:11 AM
    One, your child is not adopted unless the baby was adopted after Lutheran Children took them and they found an adoption. It can take years for an adoption to happen, if it ever does, many children are left in foster homes and/or children's homes.

Often after your "rights are taken away" you file in court for child support to stop. And if child is actually adopted, you also just file in court to stop the payments
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2018, 05:15 AM
    Wow. Just wow. Stop worrying about the child and think more about you if that is possible.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 5, 2018, 04:36 PM
    Maybe seek out guidance of your local legal aid, or go to your county clerk to see someone to discuss the legal process with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to pay back child support if I give up my rights and the child is adopted? [ 3 Answers ]

Haven't seen my kid in years... her mom wants her husband to adopt her... if he does do I have to pay back child support?

My child is being adopted in CA, I owe back Child Support, The Parents do not want it [ 6 Answers ]

My child is legally being adopted in the state of CA, she is 9 years old now, I talk to there constantly and this is how she wants it to be. I have back child support arrears, the adoptive parents do not want those back arrears? How can they let to court or child support office know this do not...

If your child was adopted out do I still owe child support in Ohio? [ 2 Answers ]

After the child is adopted out do u continue to pay child support? Beside th arrears?

Adopted child trying to seek back child support. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old female who was born in Ohio. I have been trying to figure out if I can get a DNA on the two men who are potentially my father, and get back child support. I did not receive any form of government or other support. I really would like to know this! Thank you!

View more questions Search