Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farno78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2018, 07:37 AM
    Need my space back
    My best friend moved in with me after a nasty break up. At the time my extra room which is in the basement of my house was occupied so she shared my room and my master bedroom. The basement room as become available but she does not want to move there and she does not want to share the other bathroom in the house because my kids use it. I am frustrated and want her to leave but I also do not to damage our friendship, she has been a good friend to me. I just want to have my room and bathroom to myself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 2, 2018, 10:29 AM
    A friend who is your tenant (Assuming they pay rent) who refuses to abide by your rules is no friend to begin with, are they? You have every right to firmly give them their options for continuing to stay with you, and if the friendship cannot survive these changes and adjustments to your living arrangements then that would be their choice.

You must allow them to make that choice friend or not and accept what comes of it if truly they are a friend. Mixing friendships and business is always a difficult balance but if you want your space back, then you do what you have to do.

Do they indeed pay rent and share the household responsibilities? Give them a written notice of your changes if they refuse to cooperate. Otherwise they have effectively taken over your home and that's not very friendly either.
    GeraldG Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2018, 05:23 AM
    You may need to just mover her stuff down to the basement room on your own, explaining to her you really need your privacy back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the chances of getting back? She needs space... [ 7 Answers ]

Threads merged My girlfriend and I have been living together for almost 2 years. Before I got a job, she was happy. I would wait for her to come home and she said she was always looking forward to coming home and hanging out with me. Ever since I got a new job, our schedules don't allow us...

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Anyone ever got back with your ex successfully? After space? [ 18 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone has got back with their ex after the NC rule and space?

Giving her space.and hopefully getting her back [ 11 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for 2 ½ years, I am 26 and have been in two serious relationships before her. She is 21 and has been in one serious relationship before me. Last month I came home from a business trip and she tells me that she wants to break up. She says that the last six months have...

She wants space but says she is coming back? [ 167 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for over 3 years and everything has been great but this last month. I was her first serious relationship and we had a great time traveled the world together. With in the last year she moved about 4 hours away for work so we haven't seen as much of each other....

View more questions Search