Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MELANIEKAE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2018, 11:04 PM
    Kitchen sink
    I am trying to remove a very old compression faucet in my kitchen. I remove the little cover on hot side remove screw. I try pulling straight up on handle it will not come off same with cold side. There is a garbage disposle under thesink and I am having a very hard time working around it. Would some please help me. Thank you melanie
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 4, 2018, 06:36 PM
    Can you post a picture of your faucet ?

But in the meantime, almost all kitchen faucets attach from under neath. You just have to be patient with it.

From my personal experience: I ran into such situation few times before. What I did, I either: 1. Had to remove Garbage Disposer and drains to gain access to the faucet mounting nut, or, 2. I removed as much of faucet hardware from the top as I could, then I took a hacksaw, and cut the column of the faucet off. Once cut, you will be able to push the rest of the faucet column down, into the cabinet.

Hope that helps

Milo
    kamui987 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2019, 11:25 AM
    I had same problems

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink and guest bathroom sink/shower get lukewarm water? [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sink and guest bathroom sink/shower get lukewarm water. The main bathroom sink and shower gets hot. I have adjusted the heat on the water heater and that has made the working sink and shower get hotter, but not the others. The water heater is just on the other side of the working sink...

Basement sink backing up with food when kitchen sink drains a lot of water [ 15 Answers ]

Whenever a large volume of water goes down my kitchen sink drain, it causes a back up in my basement sink, with food particles coming up as well. The basement sink is located directly beneath my kitchen sink. Based on some advice posted in similar threads, I decided to the snake the line between my...

Kitchen Sink/Garbage Disposal back up into Basement Utility Sink [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Our house is an expanded & completely remodelled older home, with new main floor kitchen incl. garbage disposal and dishwasher which drains into kitchen sink line. Our kitchen sink drain will sometimes backup into our utility sink in the basement, including solid food particles from the...

Kitchen Sink Drain - after water has been shut off in kitchen sink [ 0 Answers ]

After water has been shut off in kitchen sink, there is a continuous dripping for about two or three minutes in the drain pipes. It seems to happen only in the winter.

Relocating Sink Drain/Vent to Dedicated Stack Serving Kitchen Sink & Dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

I am relocating an upstairs vanity sink from one wall to another (also going from single to double bowl). Rather than relocate the drain and vent pipe, I am hoping that I can tie into a 1-1/2" copper vent pipe that is located right behind the vanities intended location. The copper vent pipe is from...

View more questions Search