Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sallymrv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2018, 07:55 AM
    Dissolve caulking in bathtub drain
    Flakes of putty is clogging the bathtub drain. Is there any product to dissolve the putty?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 1, 2018, 08:37 AM
    Are you sure it is the putty that is entering the drain? There is very little of putty under the tub drain flange. Even if it got inside the drain, it would be flushed down the drain with draining water. But most importantly, the putty used to seal drain flange is on the outside of the flange, not on the inside. So not sure how it gets inside the drain. Please, re-inspect the drain. Maybe the debris is coming from some other source. Can you snap a picture of it and post it for us ?

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does drain cleaner really dissolve hair and grease from bathroom drain? [ 16 Answers ]

HI, Went to home depot yesterday and found various chemicals available claiming hair and grease dissolve, was curious if those really works? Or to have drain cleaned? I have no clogs yet but just feeling that water goes really slowly and also have lot of hair falling. Thanks

New Oatey Shower Drain Leaks Around Caulking Gasket [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a new shower and drain and the drain is leaking around the black caulking gasket of my new Oatey Caspers drain. It seems I am unable to create a good seal when tightening down the locking nut on top of the gasket. At first I thought my PVC pipe was sticking up too tall into the...

Bathtub caulking [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have asked this question a short while ago and I am back with the same issue: The new caulk slowly falls off after the shower. I have checked and I don't think there is moisture in the area before I applied the caulk. I have purchased a new bottle of caulk for the purpose. ...

Shower drain caulking nut [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a new shower stall and base . The shower came with a new drain assembly using a caulking nut that I tightened. When I went to test the shower it leaked. I am wondering what I could have done wrong.thanks for any help.

Caulking a drain [ 1 Answers ]

Does silicone sealants have a shelf life or a temperature range when stored? I opened a new tube of GE Silicone II that was purchased several years ago and stored unopened and unused until now. The instructions say: "Tack free in 45 mins. Full cure in 24 hours". It has been over 24 hours now since...

View more questions Search