Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2018, 12:52 PM
    Screened in porch question
    I am extending an overhang about five more feet in order to have a screened in porch. You can see below what I have done so far. Will put 2x4's around the perimeter with a treated 2x4 at the bottom. Any suggestions? The double 2x8's you see below the overhang will come down once I have it supported. Will only be about seven feet up at the low point but in order to maintain the slope it just is what it is.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I caulk a wood base plate to concrete on a screened porch? [ 5 Answers ]

I screened in my porch that has a concrete base using treated wood. The base is a 2x4 and is directly on the concrete. Since we get rain on that side of the house, I would like to keep the 2x4 as dry as possible and not sitting in water. Will caulking prevent the water from getting under it and...

Flooring recommended for a screened in back porch [ 4 Answers ]

I have been looking for flooring for my fully enclosed new back porch with windows. It does not have heating or cooling other than a ceiling fan. It is 16 feet off the ground, attached to the deck and now has a plywood floor. I am looking to put down flooring that can withstand the temperature...

Building a new deck/screened porch overtop of Septic Tank/Supply lines [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, quick question. Our house we bought a year ago has an old deck (clearly not up to code) that is build literally within a foot or less of the septic tank and pump chamber (we have a tank w/ pump) and the supply lines leading from the house to the tank. We want to rip up this old deck and...

Adding a screened porch/room [ 3 Answers ]

My husband & I are considering a screened porch to be attached (that's probably the only kind) to the house where there is a 10ft.x 18ft slab. It will be on the small side then, with a height just shy of 8ft. We are differing on the approx. cost. Before I call any companies... would anyone know...

Creating arched frames for screened porch? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a screened porch that has 3 arched frames that need replacing. They were made with 2x2 lumber originally and are literally falling apart. What is the best way to recreate these and the best way to attach these? It is a brick home and the porch arches are brick as well. The floor of the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.