Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CRMACKIE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2018, 09:34 AM
    Home plumbing repair questions
    Water building up in bathroom sink, starts to drain then air pops and drains very quickly, what adjustment do I need.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2018, 02:25 PM
    Sounds like a plugged vent in the system. Is there an AAV on the sink?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 31, 2018, 06:01 PM
    Hi CRMACKIE

Does this sink have anoverflow hole? If the sink does have an overflow hole then you may want to try adjusting the pop-up to pop up a little higher when the lift rod is pressed down... that will allow more air to mix with the water draining. If the sink does not have an overflow hole then you will be best off installing a mushroom style vessel sink drain in the sink (see image). Here, without an overflow hole there is little air mixing with the water as the water drains into the drain... a mushroom style vessel sink drain has a push button design that forces water to flow over the top of the drain and cascade down the umbrella-shaped dome and mix with air before entering the drain. Mushroom type vessel sink drains are available at all home improvement stores nowadays.

Name:  205618-mushroom-lavatory-drain-ch.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  62.3 KB

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing repair questions and answers free [ 2 Answers ]

How can I remove the wall fitting where the sink drain line goes into the wall? Because of the cramped/limited space under the sink I can not get produce enough torque to loosen the fitting.

Mobile home plumbing shower repair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1999 SILVER CREEK single wide. When I shower in the stand up shower I have a drip in the ceiling. Are there pipes in the ceiling?

Plumbing repair - Leak [ 5 Answers ]

I cannot remove the set screw in my delta kitchen facet. It won't turn so I can remove the handle to replace the parts. What can I do?

Shower Plumbing Repair [ 5 Answers ]

What can stop water from flowing out of the shower head? I turned on the water. I turned around and it stopped flowing out of the shower head. I turned off the water with the handles and removed the shower head. Tried to turn on the water again and nothing came out of the pipe. Water is flowing...

PLUMBING drain repair [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to repair a toilet drain that is existing 3 inch copper. I am changing my toilet drain to a 3 inch pvc going down to a 3 inch 90 degree pvc fitting.out of this fitting I have a 4 inch long piece of pvc and want to use a 3 inch fernco plumb quik fitting. The fitting is a rubber fitting...

View more questions Search