Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbrandmlr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2018, 01:41 AM
    Credit Card Judgment
    I was divorced in 2007 from a man who was here illegally and utilized my credit card by using my deceased husband’s identification. Citibank obtained a judgment against me in April of 2009 which has subsequently dropped off my credit report. Their new attorney just notified me that they are filing a Subpoena Duces Tecum with Hyundai for a car I financed for my son. Can they take that car and get my bank records?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 28, 2018, 06:58 AM
    Yes they can, depending on what those documents you have ben ordered to turn over reveal. The question is why a car company would come after you in the first place unless the car was gained through fraudulent means or the contract was never satisfied. Is it paid off or were you behind in payments? Was your ex involved in the loan, or financing? Your new lawyer can certainly lay out the reasons and options you have.

Surprised he has not answered your questions already and reviewed the documents himself. If he did what did he say?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2018, 03:38 PM
    Yes. Duces tecum is basically a subpoena to appear and bring the documents required. I guess they want to know how come you didn't pay the cc but financed a car. Just because it isn't on your credit report doesn't mean they won't try to get past due money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what is the next step in filling a credit card appeal . I was tricked into a setallment of $250.00 in three payments and the last payment I sent they clame was late.the judge gave them the judgement,so I appeald to a higher court.I have sent in my briff and now I have the...

Credit card Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

Back in 1987 I didn't pay one of my credit card and so it stayed in my credit for 7 years. I just received a judgment on my credit for the same credit card. Is this possible? This has already ruined my credit 20 years ago. What should I do?

Credit card Judgment [ 8 Answers ]

I am in Arizona and I have just beem summons for a judgement on a credit card dedt. Can they put a lien on my home of garnish my wages?

Credit Card Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

I have researched the info I can find on here before posting this. I can't find what I need to know. Here is my situation. I was served a summons to appear in court for $6400 credit card debt. I called the attorney that is representing the bank that is sueing me for judgment. I asked for the...

Credit card judgment [ 1 Answers ]

My bank account was frozen needless to say there was a judgment against me from an old credit card dept the collection agency claims that was my account ,I filed an order to show cause emedeitly and my court date is up soon.but I really don't know if the account is mine,can I ask for validation of...

View more questions Search