Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Oct 27, 2018, 06:46 AM
    Two iPads Running / One Gets Kicked Off.?
    We use iPads (2) in this Household.. With both Operating @ the Same Time, One will get Kicked Off.. This happens more often with my Wife's iPad.. We get our Internet from a Bell WiFi Modem which is in the Basement.. She's forever after Me to Clear my Cookies (History & Website Data) as this seems to Help or Prolong Her getting Kicked Off the Internet..

What could be the Problem? I say She must have an App that is Interferring (?? ). Thoughts & Opinions Appreciated, Cheers Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 27, 2018, 12:12 PM
    Occasionally one has to close down apps one doesn't need anymore. Why is your modem in the basement ? Mine is front and centre so I can see if I have to re-boot.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 27, 2018, 02:55 PM
    Usually its your router that loses connectivity, thus killing the wireless modem, but with one device losing service and not the other, then I would check the settings of the individual devices. Run a diagnostic when it happens on your iPad. A few times upgrading my laptop seems to change my settings but the ipads and notebooks we use sometimes wake up CRANKY after a good nap and that seems to change the settings. I just reconnect manually.

Walls and distance may also affect signals as well as other appliances/devices nearby. Do you have a router connected to the wireless modem by ethereal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tablets, iPads and other portables... [ 2 Answers ]

So what you got and what do you think? My first was a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1. Android based and good to use. Got Millie a Chinese "knock off" from the bay for cheap and she's been very happy, although the screen res isn't particularly good. Xmas acquisition was a Nexus 7, the best by far....

My heat kicked on while air conditioner was running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a heat pump on my heating and air conditioning unit. Today while the AC was running and had possibly just reached the proper temp and shut off... I wondered why I felt warm air circulating. I checked the vents and sure enough heat was coming through. I shut the system off but the furnace...

Can ipads connect to the internet using free hot spots? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm thinking of replacing my Mac Powerbook with an iMac desktop and using an iPad for portability.

Do you think schools should have ipads in school for lessons [ 1 Answers ]

Do you think schools should have ipads in school for lessons

Kicked out [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, so this one confuses me. If you are under 18, and your parent(s) kick you out, and you leave because they don't want you in their house, do they have the right to call you in as a run-a-way juvinile? And if they do, what happens if you tell them that you were kicked out and have witnesses?

View more questions Search