Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coblas Posts: 137, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2018, 12:29 PM
    Weatherstrip for top and sides of wood garage door...
    I'm looking for top and sides weatherstrip for a residential wood 7' x 16' brown garage door. The side jambs and top header have wood moulding (casing) on them and the flat part of the moulding that the weatherstrip would attach to is 1-1/2" wide so the rigid part of any weatherstrip attachment couldn't be wider than that. If I remove the moulding there would be a gap about 1/2" on the sides--not an option, in my opinion. None of the weatherstrip I've found so far will work. I've considered creating weatherstrip by nailing on a flexible product I found and covering the edge of it on the jamb with wood backband, but the weatherstrip only comes in white and isn't paintable. Not sure if any brown garage door bottom seal cut lengthwise would work. Any suggestions?
    coblas Posts: 137, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2018, 01:53 PM
    A miracle!! I happened to locate the flexible product in brown at menards.com although the mfr. said previously that it's only available in white. I checked with the mfr. again and was told it's exclusive to Menards in the brown color. Go figure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood garage door panel has gap. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 16' overhead wood garage door with 5 horizontal panels. The 4th panel (from the top) aligns with the 5th panel nicely where they meet, but projects inward almost 3/8" where it meets the 3rd panel above it. I think it's the 3rd panel that isn't level vertically, but it's up against the...

Should I frame a wall on outside of garage door, leaving garage door in place? [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to convert the garage into a workroom by putting up a frame on the outside of the garage door, insulating it and leaving the garage door in place so that if I need to sell the house I can convert the room back into a garage. What problems could arise and are there any...

How do I syncronize my remote control garage door pad with my garage door [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how I can syncronize my remote control pad to open the garage door from the car?? I recently reset my code on the panel, because I didn't know the original code and now when I drive up in the car, my remote contral pad does not work to open the garage door... Any possible...

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

View more questions Search