Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2018, 01:01 PM
    How Trump Sees Things
    What happened:

(1) Trump promoted violence and encouraged supporters to be violent.

(2) Trump targeted specific people for repeated vicious attacks.

(3) A domestic terrorist sent bombs to all the people Trump targeted.

(4) Trump blamed the media.

It's basically that simple.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2018, 01:50 PM
    "[On] Wednesday, [Trump] landed on a strategy that both minimizes the seriousness of the situation and encourages the bomber: Blaming the victims."

"Now Trump's approach is unsurprisingly being reinforced on Fox News, with multiple pundits blaming the media and the left, and framing the bomber as someone whose motivations are justified, even as they claim to denounce his methods. The idea is solidifying, at least in right-wing groupthink, that liberals and journalists should respond to terrorism by giving the terrorists what they want. This is no different than the logic of the wife-beater who tells his wife that he doesn't want to hit her, but if she can't get dinner on the table in time, then he clearly has no choice."

"Trump's idea of unity is not one where there's some terrain for reasonable compromise, or a genuine effort to argue out differences in an atmosphere of mutual respect. It's one where he can do what he wants and everyone else achieves 'unity' by lying down and letting him have his way."

https://www.salon.com/2018/10/25/don...dnt-take-long/
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2018, 04:00 PM
    We’ve seen calls for incivility from both sides of the political spectrum . So if you chose to blame Trump go right ahead .It'll have the same impact of blaming Palin for Gabby Giffords ' shooting . I'll have to remind you of course that lefties have been routinely threatening and confronting Republicans in public recently and of course the only blood shed of public figures in the Trump era was
    Majority Whip Steve Scalise who was shot and almost died from his wound.

Evita said
    “You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about . “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.” But hers were noble words right ? Maxine Waters called on her constituents to "absolutely harass " Trump officials . That may be why they get chased out of restaurants .

Double digit bombs and none of them went off. hmmm. Sounds like a Dem bomb maker to me . I have no evidence of that charge but hey who needs evidence these days to incite ?

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2018, 09:54 PM
    You are right Tom, no one needs evidence these days. Bombs that don't go off, does nothing work over there?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 25, 2018, 10:31 PM
    What do you expect a lying, cheating, dufus to see through those beady eyes and black heart, and big mouth?
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 05:16 AM
    Clete this is all a set up . I don't know who did it yet but there is forensic evidence enough to probably nail them within the week . There were not enough explosives to set off a good fire cracker . There was just enough for detection . The funnist thing so far was il Duce Cuomo saying that he too was mailed a bomb. Turned out to be a thumb drive . Now he feels left out . All the beautiful people are getting "bombs " .
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 08:30 AM
    a suspect has been arrested
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    a suspect has been arrested

Your "suspect" is a nutcase who has been radicalized by your boy Trump. Look up "stochastic terrorism".

Trump hammers every day against his targets and no one should be surprised when the weak-minded among his followers translates his tweets and comments into action. Remember pizzagate?

No one on the political or media scene comes remotely close to the evil nastiness of Trump. His responsibility is indirect but it is there nevertheless. And he knows it, as does everybody else.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 08:49 PM
    And he knows it, as does everybody else.
    He likes the power.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2018, 04:59 AM
    Your "suspect" is a nutcase who has been radicalized by your boy Trump. Look up "stochastic terrorism".
    He was radicalized well before Trump.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ce...e-cory-booker/

But ok if you want to blame Trump then will you also blame Bolshevik Bernie for
    James Hodgkinson shooting at Congressional Republicans ;seriously wounding Rep Scalise ?

and who do we blame when Vanessa Trump opened an envelope with white powder landing her in the hospital for 2 weeks being treated with Cipro ?
    Expert

Oct 27, 2018, 05:54 AM
    The Dufus loves power and craves approval, and always looks for a foe to demean to show how tough he is. He has no feel for nuance, sympathy or any good orderly direction. Details escape him completely as the ends always justifies his means. He is full of ideas that are great in his own mind, but leaves it to others to figure it out and hell to pay if they can't.

He can't be anything but the BOSS, and his loyalty comes with a heavy price, even for his family who seem molded into his image yet just as subordinate. As any ardent sycophant. Yes the dufus is bigger than life all right and dominates attention, but his weaponizing to the nth degree of fear and hate, red meat for his base is also a beacon for any lost loony. I recognize the country had already moved to tribal mode, but the dufus surely didn't help it but escalated it to levels I have not seen before.

Wonder if the dufus will keep his campaign promise of paying the legal fees of his supporters when they take actions against his enemies? How can you even compare Bernie's public rhetoric to the dufus's, Tom? I know it's silly season but I can find no distinction between righty loonies or lefty loonies, only that they are dangerous when focusing their out of bounds behavior. Yeah I put all these nuts in the same basket and blame them, but the actions or reactions to these events are entirely on the individual, but the prez was his usual disgusting self.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2018, 05:57 AM
    Trump is compensating, it is obvious
    Expert

Oct 27, 2018, 06:33 AM
    He has to rally his base with a steady supply of red meat to garner the votes to keep him in power. It worked to get him in power for sure. He is a campaigning machine to be fair. It would be interesting to see how he floats without so many sycophants in congress holding him up though. His margins for error are very slim.

What could the dufus be compensating for Clete? I agree but just would like your thoughts.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2018, 06:34 AM
    but I can find no distinction between righty loonies or lefty loonies, only that they are dangerous when focusing their out of bounds behavior. Yeah I put all these nuts in the same basket and blame them, but the actions or reactions to these events are entirely on the individual, but the prez was his usual disgusting self.
    Agreed so call out Athos who is saying Trump is directly responsible . You did too by suggesting he should pay Sayocs legal fees .

I recognize the country had already moved to tribal mode, but the dufus surely didn't help it but escalated it to levels I have not seen before.
    Evita cheered the end of civility . Maxine Waters and Eric Holder both made statements recently intended to ummmm lets say "inspire" their base to take it a step beyond bounds(incite has legal implications so I use inspire instead)

Waters :
    “If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”

Holder :
    “Michelle always says—I love her; she and my wife are like, really tight, which always scares me and Barack—but Michelle always says, ‘When they go low, we go high.’ No. When they go low, we kick ’em.”
    Expert

Oct 27, 2018, 07:18 AM
    Agreed so call out Athos who is saying Trump is directly responsible. You did too by suggesting he should pay Sayocs legal fees .
    That's what the Dufus said Tom, over and over repeatedly for a long time now. His rhetoric hasn't changed much and he gets very personal naming names and taking no prisoners. Even Faux can no longer carry the dufus show live in it's entirety. Explain that. Hard to NOT blame a loony being triggered by the words of the dufus. Loonies are easily triggered, and CONSTANTLY endorsing bad behavior, as does the dufus, then he does bear some responsibility for his words and actions that cannot and should not be ignored. You righties really should muzzle and leash your pit bull. Instead you cheer his bad behavior.

He is no leader or role model, nor should be taken as such, but recognize a rabble rouser who inspires the very worse in ALL of us. But if he gives you goodies like tax cuts and conservative judges then I guess you go along with him destroying everything else. Obviously I agree with Athos on this issue.

[QUOTE]
    Evita cheered the end of civility . Maxine Waters and Eric Holder both made statements recently intended to ummmm lets say "inspire" their base to take it a step beyond bounds(incite has legal implications so I use inspire instead)

Waters :“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”

Holder :
    “Michelle always says—I love her; she and my wife are like, really tight, which always scares me and Barack—but Michelle always says, ‘When they go low, we go high.’ No. When they go low, we kick ’em.[?QUOTE]

Even though you cherry picked those quotes and left a LOT out of them wholly changing the context, there is no comparison between the bully at the pulpit, and those that oppose him. This is what Hillary actually said,

"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about," Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that's when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength."
    They all are saying Tom, don't let the bully and his sycophants keep kicking you! Sorry if you cannot understand that something has to be done about the mad dog you elected.

Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2018, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Agreed so call out Athos who is saying Trump is directly responsible .

Can you read? I said INDIRECTLY responsible!

Bernie is nothing like Trump - false equivalence. Bernie didn't repeatedly single out any targets by name the way Trump did - and continues to do.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2018, 08:22 AM
    Hello:

To me, hatred coming from the bully pulpit of the presidency, is 100's of 1,000's of TIMES worse than hatred coming from ANYONE who isn't president..

Trump is LIGHTING a match to a gasoline soaked nation, and then he yells FIRE.. He needs to be removed and removed NOW.

excon
    Expert

Oct 27, 2018, 08:37 AM
    OMG.. Another loony this one has fatalities
    https://fox17online.com/2018/10/27/m...rgh-synagogue/
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2018, 09:16 AM
    Hello Tal:

Right wingers PRETEND to like Jews.. But, we're the first ones to get picked off. If I was running things, I'd put together a Jewish militia, and go on the offensive..

It's time to pick sides and join up.. The middle AIN'T a place you wanna be.

excon, Jewish warrior
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2018, 10:35 AM
    Americans used to know how to disagree with one another without being mutually contemptuous .The news media, which promote shrieking outrage in pursuit of ratings makes the problem worse.

When Democrat leaders declare themselves part of the 'resistance' ,you know Civil War is imminent .
    When you look around at Democrat leaders applauding and encouraging the open harassment of political opponents out in public, and Trump at rallies applauding the body slamming of journalists , you know things are only going to get worse.
    Which side are you on ? We are a nation founded on self rule, protected by our Constitution. We exist as a nation because we deem it so. If and when we reach the point that we are in "Civil War" we are no longer a nation, but warring factions or as Tal said 'tribes', set on a course toward imminent destruction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Left my girlfriend, want her back. Can't until she sees things clearly. [ 1 Answers ]

Made a mistake of breaking up with my girlfriend. I'm 24 she is 34, age does not affect me and her. I left because she was pushing herself away because she is jaded from past experience. I've been working through this for some time now, I love her more than anything. With her everything is black an...

My child sees things [ 5 Answers ]

My 8 year daughter has been sleeping with me since my husband and her watched a scary movie, before that she was sleeping in her own bed. I tried putting her in her own bed last night and she told me that she is scared she sees fuzzy floaty things. They don't talk they just float around and watch...

View more questions Search