Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2018, 05:38 AM
    Unfortunately I doubt you will ever understand the remarks Congressman Waters makes about those riots long ago, nor how it evolved through the decades since that affect us today in profound ways .
    Easy for you to say. You were not among the 63 killed. I find it beyond amazing that you feel such sympathy for a group of hoodlums who killed and rampaged, but have nothing to say about the dead, their families, and the thousands who lost much of what they had in this world, most of whom were law-abiding black Americans. You looking for someone to feel sorry for and understand? Try that group. You really believe that the killers and vandals were acting out of some pent-up, justifiable anger over social conditions? Since when do you have to kill someone and burn down their business in order to protest? I think you are greatly mistaken in your sympathies. Ask me to feel sorry for the victims, and you'll find a lot of agreement.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2018, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The dufus is but a symptom of a greater problem. Hate, born of fear. He didn't create the problem, but he sure ain't the solution. Unfortunately I doubt you will ever understand the remarks Congressman Waters makes about those riots long ago, nor how it evolved through the decades since that affect us today in profound ways . Etc., etc., etc.
    Well done, Talaniman. I was writing more or less the same thing, but you said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Easy for you to say. You were not among the 63 killed.

You missed tal's point. He was not justifying the riots, he was giving context.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 29, 2018, 06:36 AM
    Easy for you to say. You were not among the 63 killed. I find it beyond amazing that you feel such sympathy for a group of hoodlums who killed and rampaged, but have nothing to say about the dead, their families, and the thousands who lost much of what they had in this world, most of whom were law-abiding black Americans. You looking for someone to feel sorry for and understand? Try that group. You really believe that the killers and vandals were acting out of some pent-up, justifiable anger over social conditions? Since when do you have to kill someone and burn down their business in order to protest? I think you are greatly mistaken in your sympathies. Ask me to feel sorry for the victims, and you'll find a lot of agreement.
    You still cannot see the conditions that makes such events more than possible and highly probable. Let me add more data to this equation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_riots

So you see the 1992 riots were not the first in Watts. Similar events have also happened across the country. I think if you step back you would see the same themes and conditions and not just the killers and vandals who jump in during these events. Maybe once you recognize those conditions then maybe you will see that it will and has happened again. The dufus ain't the solution, he is without doubt part of the problem which has little to do with liberals or conservatives.

Don't be so distracted by your own prejudices and resentments. You should be more interested in prevention.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2018, 07:13 AM
    You should be more interested in prevention.
    I just don't think making excuses for the criminals is helpful with prevention. I don't like much of what is going on in our country, but to date I have not gone out and killed anyone or destroyed their property. There is no excuse for it and no context in which it is acceptable.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2018, 07:54 AM
    Hello A:

How does Trump see himself? Well, he's NOT good at hiding things.. To me, it's CLEAR that he's Putin's puppet, and he's PROUD to be Putin's puppet.

Clearly, he's doing his BEST to DESTROY America from within so he can turn it over to Putin. His efforts are OBVIOUS.. He calls CNN the enemy of the people, and some crazy jerk thinks he's HELPING Trump and BOMBS CNN.. Did that open Trumps eyes? NOO.. He's calling CNN the enemy of the people TODAY again..

To me that GIVES a green light to the NEXT bomber.. Trump KNOWS it and wants the conflagration to begin. In either case, he needs to be REMOVED from office forthwith before he destroys us all..

excon
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2018, 08:31 AM
    To me that GIVES a green light to the NEXT bomber
    So who gave the green light to this guy? North Carolina republican office hit by firebomb. The article notes, " the culprits marked their hate for the party by spray-painting the words 'Nazi Republicans.'" Does that concern you, or is it only the relatively small portion of violent acts committed by Trump supporters that you are worried about?

https://nypost.com/2016/10/16/north-...94RgHWwI5nZTJY
    Expert

Oct 29, 2018, 08:43 AM
    I just don't think making excuses for the criminals is helpful with prevention. I don't like much of what is going on in our country, but to date I have not gone out and killed anyone or destroyed their property. There is no excuse for it and no context in which it is acceptable.
    I made no excuses for criminals, I think that's just you being hardcore entrenched in your opinion, and ignoring the long available data into the causes of violence and civil unrest.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2018, 09:10 AM
    You just got through making excuses for criminals several posts back, excusing the violence in the LA riots. Now I know you don't approve of violence. The difference between us is that I oppose all of it. The crazy man who sent the bombs should be prosecuted. Trump needs to tone it way down, but the loonies on the left who repeatedly call Trump a nazi, compare him to Hitler, and call for violent upheaval are all equally guilty. Don't believe that last one? Check out what the Huff Post had to say.

"Violent resistance matters. Riots can lead to major change (*note the irony of that hyperlink going to a Vox article). It’s not liberal politicians or masses that historians identify as the spark underlying the modern movement for LGBTQ equality. Nor was it a think piece from some smarmy liberal writer. It was the people who took to the streets during the Stonewall Uprising. It was the Watts Rebellion, not the Watts Battle of Ideas, that exposed the enduring systemic neglect, poverty, inequality, and racism faced by that community. Similarly, it was the LA Uprising, not the LA Protests, that led to significant changes in the Los Angeles Police Department."

That is in excess by far of anything Trump has said, but I don't think you pay attention to it because it is liberal propaganda. Read it for yourself.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse..._10316186.html
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2018, 09:40 AM
    I'm outside working on a project, and it hits me that Tal probably knows more about this stuff in his little finger than I know all over. I am extending an overhang out to be a screened in porch. You will notice two 2x8 supports under the old overhang. They will eventually come down. There will be, of course, 2x4's around to perimeter for support and to hold the screen. Any suggestions? Please say something nice about the porch railing. I put that in. (<:

Attachment 49078Attachment 49079Attachment 49080Attachment 49081
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2018, 01:05 PM
    Ex seriously ? You fell for that Manchurian Candidate stuff too ?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2018, 02:51 PM
    His efforts are OBVIOUS.. He calls CNN the enemy of the people,
    Well that settles it! Anyone who calls CNN the enemy of the people is plainly out to turn the country over to the Russkies. Glad you caught that!
    Expert

Oct 30, 2018, 04:02 AM
    I'm outside working on a project, and it hits me that Tal probably knows more about this stuff in his little finger than I know all over. I am extending an overhang out to be a screened in porch. You will notice two 2x8 supports under the old overhang. They will eventually come down. There will be, of course, 2x4's around to perimeter for support and to hold the screen. Any suggestions? Please say something nice about the porch railing. I put that in. (<:

Attachment 49078Attachment 49079Attachment 49080Attachment 49081
    Attachments didn't work.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2018, 05:58 AM
    I see Trump's latest plan is to abolish the citizenship for those born there, never made sense anyway, but this will bring about a sh'tstorm and challenges in the Supreme Court and he just might succeed, goodbye democratic base and he just might make it retrospective. Now what was he thinking? I'll get those Demorats to play ball on Immigration reform?
    Expert

Oct 30, 2018, 07:50 AM
    Silly season pychobabble. If the racists and psychos stay home, repubs loose really BIG! Even Tom has gone off his rocker a bit with the invasion from the south. I think the Euros resent they had to take a boat trip to get here.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2018, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Silly season pychobabble. If the racists and psychos stay home, repubs loose really BIG! Even Tom has gone off his rocker a bit with the invasion from the south. I think the Euros resent they had to take a boat trip to get here.
    Look I know where you are coming from with unwanted illegal immigrants, we have strong views on it too, but boat people aside. As I have said before these numbers are small bananas, it is just the thought of your border being openly "stormed". This represents wonderful political opportunity with elections days away and that is all it is
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2018, 03:10 PM
    Attachments didn't work.
    There obviously must be some secret to getting pics to work that I don't know. I choose the files and upload them. It worked perfectly the day I did it, but now now. I have no clue. Of course some of you had already arrived at that conclusion in several areas!!

I'll try it again. Maybe just one this time.

Attachment 49085
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2018, 03:24 PM

Progress
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2018, 04:38 PM
    I see Trump's latest plan is to abolish the citizenship for those born there, never made sense anyway,
    yep but I don't see around the 14th amendment. The intent was not to allow for anchor babies ;but to naturalize former slaves and their children ; but the wording of the amendment is plain .

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2018, 04:44 PM
    Even Tom has gone off his rocker a bit with the invasion from the south.
    sure looks like an invasion to me . Why would they be flying their national flag if they need to seek asylum from that nation ?

Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2018, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yep but I don't see around the 14th amendment. The intent was not to allow for anchor babies ;but to naturalize former slaves and their children ; but the wording of the amendment is plain .

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
    Yes, but the Constitution is an inconvenience for a Dictator, he probably hasn't read it, can he read? Or just write dribble? Anyway let him write his order which will probably say no pregnant woman can cross the border

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Left my girlfriend, want her back. Can't until she sees things clearly. [ 1 Answers ]

Made a mistake of breaking up with my girlfriend. I'm 24 she is 34, age does not affect me and her. I left because she was pushing herself away because she is jaded from past experience. I've been working through this for some time now, I love her more than anything. With her everything is black an...

My child sees things [ 5 Answers ]

My 8 year daughter has been sleeping with me since my husband and her watched a scary movie, before that she was sleeping in her own bed. I tried putting her in her own bed last night and she told me that she is scared she sees fuzzy floaty things. They don't talk they just float around and watch...

View more questions Search