Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisalong113 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2018, 05:51 AM
    Hot tub already in place on concrete slab, now realize need to level it
    We had a hot tub installed on concrete slab. When setting it, we discussed the slight slope, the installers thought it wasn't going to be a big deal. Now that the tub is filled and running, we are realizing the slope is larger than it looked. Is there any way to level the tub while its in place? Of course I realize we will have to drain, but hoping not to have to take if off the slab.
    Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 25, 2018, 07:15 AM
    What did your installer suggest now that it is a big deal? Of course he can correct his mistake rather easily. Doesn't matter though since it was his mistake whether it's easy or NOT. Have you asked him for remedies and relief? Do so before you do anything else. Be sure you can describe the issues the off leveling causes. Also make sure you present this complaint to whoever poured your concrete base if it was a different contractor.

Personally the right way would be leveling the foundation itself, which would require removing your hot tub. Over time any shimming may result in cracks in the tube body or deterioration in the shims themselves which will have to be replaced. Short term easy fixes have issues, and consequences. How big is your hot tub? Longer ones cannot just be shimmed on the ends but in the center or off center in quarters and of course the type of shim is also a consideration. Stay away from wood shims.

So yes you can level your hot tub without removing it, but is that the best way to go? Not if you look at it from the perspective of the job was botched in the early stages when the foundation wasn't level and you probably signed off on it, so you do bear that responsibility. The good news maybe is there are many contractors who specialize in leveling older tub installations that have over time become unleveled.

A goggle search can get you started finding those contractors in your area if your present contractor cannot perform this task. Check out this video and see how easy and fast you can remove your Hot tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laGoQQd-kUc

Why wouldn't you just do it right from the get go?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you redo the concrete slab to an attractive f . House is 60 yrs old on a slab [ 2 Answers ]

What is the process for DIY concrete slab refinishing. Home is 60 yrs old.

Poring concrete slab on top of old slab & then polishing it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - we have an 11 year old polished concrete floor in our house. We did it ourselves after we removed a couple of walls. First we diamond sanded and then we put a polish on the floor. We also contacted a chemist and obtained a green paint so we ended up with green transparent polished concrete....

Concrete slab:Toilet flange below floor level [ 4 Answers ]

I am Installing a hardwood floor on a concrete slab. In order for that type of installation I will need to build up the sub-floor with 1/4 plywood alone with 3/4 hardwood floor. I am installing this in the bathroom. The flange of for the toilet will be about an 1" below the floor level. How do I...

Concrete Slab Poured Over Concrete Slab [ 1 Answers ]

I'm remodeling a large commercial building, +/- 100k s.f.. I'm attempting to provide a drive-thru into the existing facility by opening up the existing masonry walls to allow vehicles access pick up area and drive out with merchandise . The interior concrete slab on grade is 4-5" thk. which will...

Pouring interior concrete slab over existing, cracked concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am turning part of my carport into a new living room. I am going to pour a concrete slab about 4 inches thick over the existing carport floor which is a concrete slab. The existing slab has a few cracks, the largest of which is about an 1/8in. Wide and raised about an 1/8in. What would be the...

View more questions Search