Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Genny271 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2018, 07:41 PM
    How can I help this depressed girl?
    I have a weird situation. A little over a month ago I was cast in a play. The girl they cast as my daughter is only 12 years younger than me, but that helped us bond. She's very outgoing, she makes sure everyone's having fun, she's a sweetheart. Well almost a week ago her mom was in a near-fatal car accident. Her parents live 2 hours away in a different state. She's been staying here with her cousins for college. Well her dad said it's best she just stay here & continue normal living, so she hasn't even seen her mom. This is her last semester. I’ve been letting her stay with me because I live closer to where we rehearse and her school. Plus I thought a change in environment might help. She gets up and goes through life like normal, but then at night she loses it. She’s very “clingy” to me, all she’ll eat is Mac & cheese, and then she cries until she falls asleep. One night she even wet the bed which just made her cry again. I wasn't mad just shocked. This girl is clearly in bad shape! She's a normal, happy, 22-year-old usually, but not now. I have no support from the parents. Her cousins check in on her, but they don't seem to be concerned. I AM concerned. I don't mind helping her, but she can't keep living like this. What should I do? Should I contact her dad about her seeing her mom? And how can I help her not be so upset and actually eat at night? Sorry this is long and weird, I'm just lost.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 24, 2018, 08:09 PM
    You could talk to a grief counsellor to help you support her through her rough time. Better if she had someone that knew what to do to talk to. Barring a professional, love and patience is all I can suggest. Don't be frustrated, sometimes all we can do is be there and understand.

Is she going home for the holidays?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boy meets girl, girl has boyfriend. Girl cheats with Boy then Girl breaks up with boyfriend. Lost? [ 2 Answers ]

I met this girl last May after I had gone through a bad breakup myself, but I knew I wasn't ready and even though every fibre of my being wanted to be with her I restrained myself. She is a lovely soul upbeat and we had so much in common: cheesy, smart, good senses of humor, open hearted, etc We...

I am so depressed over a girl I don't know what to do [ 30 Answers ]

I need help me and my girlfriend has been going out with me for 15 weeks then we broke up she said that she done with my bull I am like a roller coster she said she would give me aother shot but I was not the same guy she fell in love with she told me to give her some weeks to cool down I have a...

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

View more questions Search