Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 05:33 AM
    When it came to a ballot initiative even California rejected it (prop 8) .The the courts overturned the will of the California voters . Gay marriage is a dead issue . The only thing left is stopping the persecution of those who oppose it .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 08:05 AM
    Not A Rant, or propaganda.
    Throw rocks at people expect to get rocked. If they won't go quietly then there will be a hell of a ruckus. You know the rules Tom, stay in your lane and let people stay in theirs. That's how it works. If folks would mind their own business and be civil, you may get some civility back. I just never got the memo about discrimination and hating. Before you say anything, I don't hate the dufus or his sycophants either, just the uncivil and uncouth words and behavior, but the good news, we are learning what we shouldn't be doing.

I'm sure even though you are making money you realize as a role model he would be the worst. Sadly we would be making money without him. I doubt he has the chops to keep this gravy train rolling. He darned sure didn't get it started, and only cares about keeping his own silver spoon in his big mouth. That's not hate speech folks, just an observation and maybe a prediction.

Yes I'm ENTITLED and got papers to prove it! Worked as hard as anybody to get 'em. Just tired in my old age of these stupid human tricks and traps!
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 08:28 AM
    would you consider forcing bakers to make a wedding cake for gays when that baker morally opposes it "staying in your lane " ,or forcing people to accept values regardless of their opposition ? WE know with all the boycotts and other punishments administered by the thought police that your idea of tolerance is a one way street.
    Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 09:41 AM
    I thought discrimination was against the law in this country? I think our history is one of increasing tolerances, and this gay thing is but the latest test. It wasn't that long ago the races couldn't mix, and it took years to realize the goals set forth in our own constitution, and be real, some are still reaching through continued opposition. We haven't made that perfect union yet, and we still blame each other for why. Heck I doubt we even know what that perfect union is, maybe that's why many are so STUCK in whatever their idea is, while others are building yet.

I think the rule of law, and the free market takes care of those that discriminate don't you? I mean a CUSTOMER is asking for a freakin' cake, not a blessing, or opinion, absolution, conversion, or a sermon. I did mention mind your own business didn't I?

Personally I wouldn't ask him to do a damn thing against his beliefs, nor would patronize him, and yes I might sue him, but that's as lawful of what he does. A recent court case found that a baker did not have to bake a cake for a gay wedding so there you go, but you expect Tolerance from one side while the other can discriminate based on his belief?

Let's face it Tom, man is not ready to live in peace, and actions still have consequences. Hope he isn't a Christian baker because I never heard Jesus say a thing about treating anyone any way other than as a brother. So I respectfully submit that I would tolerate such a baker enough not to beat his a$$, and burn his shop down, and seek a better vendor. History is full of those that have done that even though we have had our dignity trespassed against us.

In conclusion it is human to raise hell when disrespected as a human. Tom I think you expect a lot from anybody that feels disrespected, no matter the faiths and beliefs of the one doing it. I hope the baker enjoys his exemption to the law, and someday finds his own TOLERANCE.

Maybe then we wouldn't have that one way street you speak of. Until then it's simply outlandish to expect dignity and respect for one who gives none himself, or is selective in his own tolerance. I can have tolerance but no sympathy for a baker or anyone who had NONE for me can't I?

Heck I ain't even gay, but still NO SYMPATHY because discrimination sucks!
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 09:50 AM
    Jesus ministered to the prostitute . He did not participate . He loved the sinner and hated the sin. Baking a cake for a gay wedding is immoral to those who believe gay marriage is immoral . The same baker would have no issue baking a cake to the same people for a birthday. It it the ceremony the baker does not want to participate in and it is a grotesque argument to suggest that by not baking a cake for a gay marriage the baker is not acting in a Christian manner .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 10:07 AM
    would you consider forcing bakers to make a wedding cake for gays when that baker morally opposes it "staying in your lane " ,or forcing people to accept values regardless of their opposition ?
    How about:

***No bakery is required to sell baked goods to people 65 and over (sugar harms their bodies -- a holy temple -- and makes them diabetic)
    ***No florist is required to sell floral arrangements for funerals (God created flowers for the living to enjoy)
    ***Condoms and other birth control measures including the rhythm method are a sin (God said, 'Be fruitful and multiply")
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 10:39 AM
    umm we already have a lot of nanny state laws for the good of our health .Just ask future Democrat nominee Mike Bloomberg . If a florist doesn't want to sell flowers for any specific event they should not be required to do so . Same thing with birth control a person should not be forced to sell them if they have religious objections . What is so hard about that ? You trying to tell me you can't find other bakers ,florists ,drug stores that would be more than happy to sell them if there is a market for them ? The 14th amendment states 'No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States;' Is religious freedom not a right ? Amendment 1 says it is ..... Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereo
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2018, 11:47 AM
    ***No bakery is required to sell baked goods to people 65 and over (sugar harms their bodies -- a holy temple -- and makes them diabetic)
    ***No florist is required to sell floral arrangements for funerals (God created flowers for the living to enjoy)
    ***Condoms and other birth control measures including the rhythm method are a sin (God said, 'Be fruitful and multiply")
    Fine with me. It would be foolish for them to do, but it's their business. It's amazing to me how much of this should cease to be a problem. If one business does not want my money, then I can find another one who does. Let people run their businesses as they choose to.

But if we are going to force the baker to do business with gay marriages, can we force gay couples to do business with stores owned by evangelical Christians? Can we force people to go to restaurants they might otherwise choose not to go to?
    Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 12:26 PM
    If one business does not want my money, then I can find another one who does. Let people run their businesses as they choose to.
    I gotcha on that, but I can understand a bad reaction when service is refused for whatever reason. Ever experienced that?
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 01:22 PM
    are you equating race discrimination with having objections to gay marriage ?.... no choice vs a behavior choice ? Yes we appropriately have laws against race discrimination. If I was African American I would be appalled at the attempted equivalence and the misappropriation of the civil rights movement .
    Pro-gay marriage advocates are demanding that Americans who dissent from the affirmation of gay marriage recant or be driven from the public square.What's next ?
    Will churches and synagogues that cite Scripture forbidding such marriage be indicted for hate speech? Or is it ok to protect the church's free exercise right ? Would you force a church to perform such a service ? If not then why are they entitled to more religious freedom than a merchant who does not wish to participate in a ceremony they find morally objectionable ?
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2018, 02:21 PM
    I gotcha on that, but I can understand a bad reaction when service is refused for whatever reason. Ever experienced that?
    I can in part, but I don't think the government has any role in forcing businesses to accommodate customers anymore than forcing customers to spend their money in certain businesses. Just an issue of freedom. Next, we will find the feds forcing religious customers to do business with gay-owned businesses.

Personally, I think if I owned a bakery and a gay couple came in to order a cake, I'd view it as a chance to introduce them to the gospel of Christ, but that would be my choice. Should be left up to the individual. Now if I had to deliver the cake and made it appear that I was participating in, and approving of, their marriage, then I would not care to do that.
    Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 03:32 PM
    What if you didn't own the bakery and the boss said serve everybody?
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 04:22 PM
    different scenario. Your choice is to work for the employer or not . If you choose to work at the bakery you would be expected to follow the rules
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2018, 04:41 PM
    That's about it. So what would I do? I would not participate in the wedding. Otherwise, I would want to be kind to everyone who walked through the door.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 04:53 PM
    Baking and decorating their cake -- and thus "participating in their marriage" -- would affect your life in what way(s)?
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2018, 04:58 PM
    Baking and decorating their cake -- and their marriage -- would affect your life in what way(s)?
    Baking and decorating the cake... no problem. Being on site with the cake could make it appear I approve of what they are doing. That would bother me. I want to recognize and celebrate marriage in the way God intended it.

Now if I actually did bake and decorate the cake, that would solve the problem. They would turn it down flat!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 05:11 PM
    I want to recognize and celebrate marriage in the way God intended it.
    And that is....?
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2018, 05:29 PM
    And that is....?
    A man and a woman.

Maybe you'll take Jesus's word for it. Matt. 19:4 He (Jesus) answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 05:55 PM
    the act of baking the cake makes the baker a participant in the ceremony. Find another baker . The only one hurt is the baker because there is no pay day .Otherwise leave the baker alone to keep faith the way the baker chooses .
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2018, 06:22 PM
    Just about nailed it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

You fly aircraft carrier with foam planes [ 1 Answers ]

I had a toy when I was young that was an aircraft carrier about 3 ft long with foam planes that you launched from the deck of the carrier. Would anybody happen to remember the name of this toy or have any pictures available.

Any have a you fly it aircraft carrier [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for pictures, info advert or the toy it self foam us enterprise aircraft carrier with jet you can launch and fly from late 70s

Employer left country.. Fed, state, ss, and medicare withheld but not paid to govt [ 3 Answers ]

My son worked at a Gas Station / Convenience store. It was one of a few stores owned by the same person, an Indian National. The owner suddenly and unexpectedly closed the stores. Employees were able to obtain their last paychecks. The pay stubs show all the appropriat deductions but it is now...

Social Security Tax / Medicare Tax refund when I left usa [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir or Madam, I came to US as a research scholar (J1 visa). I've worked under J1 status from 04/2006 to 04/2010, and paid Social Security and Medicare fee for 2 years. However, I am leaving US soon, and no longer work and retire in US. So my questions will be: 1. Am I eligible to claim...

The father of my son and my fince just left.. and left us with on money and food in pa [ 1 Answers ]

We've been together for almost 4 years and we live in a rented house. He just left with his sister and did not say where he was going. He didn't leave me any money, food pluse our son was sick and needed to go to the doctor. I know where he is at but his family won't let me talk to him.

View more questions Search