Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tls129 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2018, 04:50 PM
    220 wiring
    Have 220 fuse box for heat pump and want to add dryer to line. Box has black and white and ground. Dryer has black, red ,and white neutral and ground. When I tie into the line what do I do with the neutral from the dryer
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2018, 08:02 PM
    BTW, it is 240VAC. Should be instructions on the dryer. You need the neutral for the dryer or you won't have any motor, control board or light. It won't work without a neutral. Search" wiring a 3 wire supply to a 4 wire dryer". Loads of diagrams. Basically you bond the dryer to ground. All newer dryers have 3 or 4 wire capability.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace wiring diagram wiring digram for EBIO8 COLMAN EBCON [ 0 Answers ]

I need a copy of wiring diagram for EB-IO8 COLMAN EV-CON.Can someone please help.

I need the wiring diagram for a 40" 12 horse, wiring for solonid&starter [ 3 Answers ]

I need the wiring diagram for a 12 horse murray 40" cut approx 2000 model is 40605B from the solonid to starter

Hunter fan wiring model 26107 light fixture wiring sequence [ 2 Answers ]

There are 4 lights Each light has a bnlack and white wire coming from it. The light switch has a bule wire, a red wire and a black wire from the main housing. There is also a white wire coming from the main housing. The fan operates fine I cannot get the lights to go on. What is the wire sequence?

Wiring direction for a multi wiring system thermostat! [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 wire system (3 phase), need to connect multi wiring system thermostat! Need to know if, its correct to just use line#1, and the device already has a jumper?

John Deere - My dog ripped the wiring Out - Need Wiring Diagram or photos [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old L110 that ran fine until last week. I think my dog chased a chipmunk up under the hood and in trying to get to him ripped a bunch of wires out. I have spliced back together the obvious wires (color coded) but I have one black wire that I assume is a ground(?) and the two...

View more questions Search