Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scdevita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2018, 12:59 PM
    Property Law -Liens and due process
    What is the SOL or right to due process for the accused party, for going to trial or settling if someone has put a lien on your house, claiming they have part ownership?The individual who is placed the lien is using every stall tactic to stay on site (lives on the property in a separate dwelling) dragging this out for almost 2 years now. She doesn't respond to her lawyer in a timely manner because she does not want to move. Now, for the past 3 months has not been paying her rent (or as she claims - mortgage). The home owners are in their 70's and need to sell. Their daughter started this claim I think 2 years ago when they tried to place the property on the market.She is asking for $125,000, part of the equity once the house sells. So two questions;
    1. If someone places a lien on your property, how long do they have to process the claim before it is thrown out based on the defendants right to due process?
    2. If she is no longer willingly contributing to her financial responsibilities, be it mortgage or rent, does that not invalidate her claim of part ownership or right to residency?

Thanks.SD

Check out some similar questions!

Hoa and property liens [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Las Vegas and have just been notified of a $1050.00 lien against my condo from the HOA due to unpaid fines for letting my cat out without a leash. What are my options? Sincerely,

Mechanics liens and liens against property [ 3 Answers ]

I lent my son in law $10,000 to put down payment on a home about a year and a half ago My question is how do I put a lien on the house and which state do I do it in . I'm in Calif. And the house is isn't Arizona. And do I just record it with the county or court or what?

Several liens on property [ 2 Answers ]

I recently found out that I had several liens on my property, I had know idea this had been done, am I supposed to be notified of this? And how can I found out who has put a lien on my property?:mad:

Property liens [ 3 Answers ]

I need to find out how to determine how much a lien is.My grandmother is in a nursing home and I would like to purchase her home.She has left the house to my mother.Upon her passing Iwould like to buy the house.I know from public record that there are 2 liens but have been unable to find out the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.