Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krtica Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 12:33 AM
    Choosing career path
    Help,
    I don't know what to do in my life. I'm a PhD student in math, but the program is long, and I feel I am moving slowly. Perhaps it's the name of the game, one needs patience for math... but I feel so stuck.
    And finding a job is even more confusing: there are many opportunities, banking, consulting, or any kind of applied research, but since I have no clue if I'd like any of it, I don't know what to choose.
    It's strange, I usually know what I want and how to get it, but in this matter I feel so lost.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 03:25 AM
    If it is your dream, that is to pursue a degree in math, then I would stick with it. You have already come so far!

Are you interested in teaching? With a P.H.D. you could teach at a college or a university.

Just another idea - what about getting a degree in being a CPA so that you could help people with financial things like taxes, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Choosing parents [ 2 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to choose what parent you live with

Confused about my career path [ 4 Answers ]

I didn't get to do the subjects that qualified me to go into the medical field and now I'm confused. Instead I ended up doing the arts and now I have to choose a career that matches the arts. So I have to now become a journalist or reporter and I don't really want to do that. I want to become...

Help in choosing between three fans [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all - new to the forum and have looked around a bit, but haven't found what I am looking for yet. My issue is this: I am getting a new condo that is very urban/loft in design, so I want to install fans to match stylistically. However, with 16 foot ceilings, I also want a fan that is functional...

Choosing a thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking to change my thermostat to a digital one. Propblem is, I don't know what to get. I don't know to get one for a heat pump, or central heat and air, If they both heat and cool with indoor and outdoor units, how do you know what I have? I have seen some thermostats for 2 stage systems,...

Correct career path? Need advice [ 4 Answers ]

For a long time I have wanted to be a fashion designer. I'm afraid that I might not be successful both financially and spiritually. Sometimes I feel like I don't have the abilities to make it. Have I chose the correct career path? Please give me some advice.

View more questions Search