Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hopefull60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2018, 12:19 PM
    Federal Inmate cop out transfer
    When a copout federal inmate is transferred to another prison due to safety issues, do they assume a different identity? How to they keep safe? Anyone been in this situation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 20, 2018, 03:10 PM
    Unless they are witness protection, no, they do not get new ID's.

They may be put into protective custody, which limits their contact with other inmates.
    Hopefull60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2018, 04:25 PM
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Federal inmate requesting a tranfer to new address [ 1 Answers ]

Can the bop move a federal inmate to his sentencing address instead of his new address since incarceration? The federal Inmated moved a little bit more closer to the new state bop transferred him too. Years later inmate request a transfer to move 2 hours closer to his spouse instead of 4 they...

Inmate transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a process for an inmate in a Maryland Correctional Facility to request a transfer to a facility closer to his home?

Any advice for a federal inmate requesting a transfer to a prison nearer to home? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any advice you might have for a fed inmate who is considering making a request for transfer to a prison nearer to home? Are there any particular factors or points that an inmate's case worker is going to look for when considering an inmate's request for transfer? In their transfer request...

Is anyone familiar with the federal inmate financial responsibility program? [ 6 Answers ]

This is very long, so my apologies in advance. My daughter's dad is serving time in federal prison. I (per the instructions of the BOP) emailed his facility and asked to got the information of his caseworker regarding child support pursuant to the program. This was in February '11. I followed...

View more questions Search