Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alone15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2018, 10:14 AM
    Family
    My parents argue a lot. I'm not sure if it's normal to fight so much but that's the way it's been for as long as I can remember. I've been to my friends house and her family isn't like that so I don't think its supposed to be that way.

They hurt each other hitting and throwing things, it's real scary. I try to stop my dad from hurting my mum but he's a big person and it just makes him real mad.

When they argue like this I don't know what to do! I try to block it out but they will find a way to bring me into their fights.

I'm lost and don't know what to do. I guess I'm asking for some advice I'm to ashamed to ask my friends so I'll put it out there to anyone kind enough to answer. Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2018, 10:15 AM
    How old are you? Do you have brothers and sisters?
    Alone15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2018, 10:22 AM
    I'm 15, no brothers or sisters. A bit sad not having any siblings but good in a way. No having to worry about anyone else getting hurt.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2018, 11:00 AM
    I could have figured out the answers to my questions by noticing your user name, Alone15. Thanks for answering!

Is there a school counselor or trusted teacher you can talk to about this?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 20, 2018, 12:41 PM
    I agree with having a trusted adult to talk to. Just so you are not alone, and maybe help coping with your families issues. No aunts, uncles or cousins, even grandparents who may already be aware of what is going on? No one should have to face this kind of disturbing trauma alone. Teachers, counsellors or religious leaders will keep your confidence if asked unless it's really bad and a third party is needed or if YOUR welfare is threatened.

I will go as far as calling a cop when things get so dangerously PHYSICAL. Sounds radical, and your parents may not like it at all, but better than someone coming to harm in the heat of battle. I would welcome your feedback to the suggestions offered, and hope you get some real help from real people you can reach out too. That's the whole key here is who you reach out to like you have with us here.

You don't have to be, nor should not be ALONE with this.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 21, 2018, 09:09 AM
    Do you have grandparents, aunt or uncles. Perhaps you can tell a school counselor about what's going on.
    The next time the fighting gets physical, you might want to call the police. Have you tried talking to your parents will things are calm. Let them know what their fighting does to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My family won't stop inviting my bitter ex-wife to family events. [ 10 Answers ]

I've been divorced from my ex-wife for seven years. We have an 18 yr old daughter together. She never wanted a divorce, and is bitter about it to this day. She frequently explodes on me over "what I did to her" and about what a horrible father I am(which I am NOT). She has dated very little and...

Do I suffer my own happiness for the sake of keeping a family together-my family! [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, this is going to be long, but I need to sort it out! So I've been with my partner six years an hAve too beautiful sons, the first three years was good, anyway got pregnant with my second son and towards the end of the pregnancy an OLD FLAME got bk in contact with me via Facebook! Baring in mind...

Family member will not leave with his family and my mom died and I am the exector. [ 1 Answers ]

Mother died and I am the executor of the will. Brother and family have lived with Mom for six months. This was suppose to be temporary. Mom never wanted him in the house and told the other family members he better not live in my house and under no cicumstances do I want him to live here. Have not...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search