Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katdog2016 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2018, 08:33 AM
    Brain Washed
    My son & daughter are 47 & 43 yrs. old. immature for their age, they seem to be brain washed by my siblings on chat . I can hear all of them talking everyday, this has been going on for three years. When I question my son & daughter, they say i'm hearing things & their not talking with anyone. I know they are because I stand beside their doors and hear my siblings & them. The talks their having aren't good on my behalf. I know their trying to convince them to place me in a crazy place or jail. I come from a very respectful family. Can't understand any of this. Now their talking with my other family members. What can I do. I'm a nervous wreck. Need answer soon, please.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 20, 2018, 09:05 AM
    Why are you standing by their door listening?

Why are you living with them? Or they living with you?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 20, 2018, 12:56 PM
    Stop standing behind the door eavesdropping as it seems to feed your paranoia, and get them all seated and talking honestly. That may require you being willing to listen. Can you do that?

You have not even revealed to us WHY they would be doing what you say they are doing and the WHY is an important thing to know. It's not an easy thing to tell an elder, or elderly parent that their behavior is CONCERNING and more than difficult for family to deal with.

Are you difficult to deal with?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2018, 05:36 AM
    Sounds like they are concerned for your well being! Does not have anything to do with maturity level. We are only getting one side of the story. It does sound like their is paranoia on your part. You are eavesdropping on adults. Having a family meeting would probably be beneficial. Has there ever been any type of counseling? Not sure of the living arrangements. Has there been any mental health issues on any sides of the family?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 21, 2018, 06:43 AM
    Let’s just say they are trying to put you “in a crazy place or jail.” The reality is they can’t place you in “a crazy place” unless a doctor or judge deems you to be a danger to yourself or others. As for jail, they can’t put you there either unless you do something illegal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Woodbrook Vanity in white washed oak [ 1 Answers ]

Does Glacier Bay make the Woodbrook Vanity in white Washed Oak in a 24 inch size. I would like to purchase the 30 inch size and a smaller vanity for a 1/2 bath that compliments the Woodbrook white washed oak. Please adivse

How would I get from my washed out pink to blonde? [ 2 Answers ]

I bleached my hair from brown and it went a yellow colour on the ends so I got a semi permanent pink to put on my hair, it has washed out now and I am left with peach hair with blonde on my roots ad a yellow blonde on my ends, what dye would I use to take the pink and yellow out ? Please help!

My Pool Was Acid Washed [ 3 Answers ]

Yes, before the pool opened it was drained and acid washed they did power wash it after it was done nor did they did not spray the pool white(Plaster) they just let it dry and refiled it up the water was green. I had to drain it again to fix the lights it was very clear then and it seemed like it...

95 civic, after I washed the motor, the car won't run [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1995 honda civic, and I washed the motor, after I washed it the car start fine ,but then it lost power and it doesn't run the same as before,it sound funny, but it doesn't runs strong anymore. Please help me!!

I washed my wife's phone [ 7 Answers ]

I was doing a load of laundry and inadvertently washed her phone. It was in her pants pocket. I didn't know until we heard it clinking in the dryer. Help!! EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY

View more questions Search