Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stillwater Lake Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2018, 08:11 AM
    Samsung electric range
    Hi , please assisst me with solving the problem with a display and almost all digital function buttons are not working .
    I cannot set the time , cannot choose mode of cooking . Simply when pressing the buttons ,they do not respond .
    I suspect the elastic card is either not functioning or not fitted properly in
    Is it a common issue and it's just this card needs to be propelly inserted or this whole control unit needs to be replaced?
    Also all heating elements are working normally. I can turn the knobs and choose heating level from 0 to 12 with no problem .
    Thank you in advance
    Denis
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2018, 04:40 PM
    Go to this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flmSDu6QMGU

You will find several on YouTube. My suspicion is that you need to bake a circuit board to remelt the solder joints. This is usually done for 9 minutes at 350 degrees F after covering plastic parts with crumpled aluminum foil and works on car computer circuit boards and on HP Laser printers P2015dn. See how it is done on an HP Laser printer formater board and you will know how to do it for the stove.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you convert a gas range over to an electric range? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! We just brought a started house and it is electric through out except for the cooking stove or range is gas. The problem is that it's causing our utility bill to run more that the house payments. I wanted to know if there is a way to switch from a gas range to an electric range. And if...

Can I switch from electric range to gas range [ 5 Answers ]

I have an electric range but I need to buy a new one. I heard that cooking on a gas range is so much better. My husband pulled the range away from the wall and there is a little pipe sticking out of the wall. Is that for a gas stove? Thank you!

Changing from a gas range to an electric smooth top range [ 1 Answers ]

What are the requirement for switching from cooking with a gas stove to cooking with and electric stove

Electric range [ 2 Answers ]

The digital clock works, the timer works, even the lights come one indicating a burner or oven is on BUT the neither the burners not the oven heats.

GE Electric Range [ 6 Answers ]

Help! My electric Range is 3 years old. The range timer and clock are working,however the oven nor the surface units heat up. Does this sound like something I can repair myself or should I be calling a repair person?

View more questions Search