Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAXELLA Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2018, 05:25 PM
    Who can help me with harassment about my yard from the city of Adelanto?
    I am often raking my yard and digging up the weeds. MY yard looks smooth and clean. The city of Adelanto says they want to give us a fine and write us up for this. This harassment has been going on for 6 weeks. I talked to a neighbor with a smaller yard that looks like mine and she said the city of Adelanto has not spoken to her about her yard.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2018, 05:28 PM
    Neighbors yard makes no difference, (someone most likely has complained about yours)
    You ask them to show you the exact code they plan to write you up under?

Oct 17, 2018, 08:25 PM
    Who does the city of Adelanto, CA answer to?
    The city of Adelanto, CA has been harassing us about our yard. Who should we report this problem to?

Oct 17, 2018, 08:37 PM
    They gave us a citation with a code violation number, but did not state what the violation said.

The citation only stated Landscape Maintenance. There was nothing specific.

I feel that Adelanto is harassing us. Who could I report their harassment to?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2018, 08:44 PM
    City Council, to find out the complaint and state your defense.

Oct 17, 2018, 08:46 PM
    Could I complain to the county of San Bernardino or to the state of California?
    Does Adelanto answer to the county of San Bernardino or the state of California?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 18, 2018, 05:40 AM
    They answer to themselves. So call them and ask about these violations. Then you will know how to proceed and get to the bottom of this harassment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

City Code Enforcement Harassment [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a code violator data base I moved to a different city and getting the same problems but you can't see anything because of a privacy fence.

How do I stop City Code Enforcement Harassment [ 6 Answers ]

I am being harassed by the city code department. There are a few home owners in my neighborhood that have nothing to do but complain and pull their pud. I understand the complaints must be followed up by an enforcement division officer visit. At least by drive by, if not a knock on the door. It is...

Technically, the City of Birmingham is larger than the City of London is this true ? [ 1 Answers ]

Technically, the City of Birmingham is larger than the City of London is this true ?

Will probation in the state of Texas transfer form city to city? [ 2 Answers ]

My frind live live in Texas and he's going to court to sign his papers for his probation. He want to do his probation in a different city from which he live. Will his probation transfer?

Resident of long island city subject to New York city tax? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I am a resident of long island city in queens and works in manhattan. Am I subject to New York city tax?

View more questions Search