Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Oct 17, 2018, 04:48 AM
    Toilet. Not Flushing Properly...
    The Toilet is starting to take 2 Flushes to Clear the Bowl.. It will work sometimes clearing the bowl on the first flush , other times it will not drain on the 1st try.. There is No Blockage as you can pour a pail of Hot Water down and things Flush as they should.. Wondering if Possibly the Flushing Mechanizium has become Faulty needing Replacement?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 17, 2018, 04:14 PM
    Hi Norplan

Check the siphon jet hole if present (see image)

Name:  siphonjet.bmp
Views: 699
Size:  109.3 KB

Glove up and insert part of a metal coat hanger into the siphon jet hole to see if you can clear any calcium/lime deposits from the jet hole. If you find a lot of sediment then I would recommend pouring some CLR (calcium lime rust remover) down the overflow pipe and let it soak into the deposits for awhile before flushing. Repeat this numerous times to clear the jet of mineral deposits and your toilet should be up and running like new again!

If you don't have a siphon jet hole post back and we'll see what else we can present...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet not flushing properly [ 1 Answers ]

We recently had installed an American Standard h2Option siphonic dual flush toilet. Any bowel movement that is above the water line stays there even after repeated flushes. I held a mirror under the rim and even though there are holes at the back, only a few drops of water comes through from the...

Toilet not flushing properly [ 4 Answers ]

Hello- We just bought a house, and we are having problems with our toilet flushing. When pushing the handle down, it begins the flushing process, but the second you let it go it stops. So we have to hold the handle down until the flushing part is over then we can let go & the toilet fills. ...

Toilet not flushing properly,bath when emptied causes toilet to gurgle. [ 1 Answers ]

When toiet flushed water rises then slowly drains to correct level leaving deposits.if bath emtied or shower used toilet water gurgles.both done at same time results in both draing very slowly.when downstairs sink emptied toilet again gurgles(toilet upstairs)tried drain clearing devices and...

Toilet not flushing properly [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 month old toilet that will not flush properly. I have snaked it and plunged it but all the water will not empty from the tank. I have also adjusted the chain and ballcock but nothing seems to work.

Toilet not flushing properly [ 4 Answers ]

Please Help! The toilet does not achieve a sufficient flush after all tank components have been replaced with new ones. It appears the flapper is closing to soon and even purchased a different flapper with an adjustable float and is still not getting a proper flush. I also cleaned out the holes...

View more questions Search