Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SwaegSyub7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2018, 10:19 PM
    Need Math Help!
    You want to start a summer business to earn money. What will you do? You have to consider how much money you can afford to invest in this business, how much it will cost you to make each item, and how much you're going to charge for each item.

1. What is the total amount of money you are willing to invest in this business? Ans:$75

2. What are you going to make and sell? Why? Ans: Clay Charms, because many people like to hang things like charms on their keyrings, or on their walls.

3. Describe how your business will work. How much will it cost you to make each item? How much will you sell each item for? Ans: It will cost about $3 to make each item, if you include the clay, hooks, time, etc. I will sell each item for $5.

4. Do you think your business will be profitable? Ans: Yes, I think it will be profitable, because there are clay charms that are more expensive than $5 and people can get them for cheaper buying mine.

Task 2 (Questions with *** are what I really need help with)

A. Write an inequality that represents the facts while making your product, you can't exceed the spending limit. ***

B. Solve the inequality and graph the solution on a number line. ***Explain what your solution means in terms of the situation.*** (I don't need help with the first part of this question, I need help with the second part)

C. In task 1, you determined how much you will charge for each item. Write an equation that represents your total earning based on the price of you item and how many you sell***

D. Using your answer from Part B and your equation from Part C, what is the most money you can hope to earn from your business.***

E. ***Don't forget that at the beginning of the process, you had to spend some of your own money to get started. With the costs taken into account, what was your total profit? Did you make money or lose money?***

Task 3
    Your parents heard about the success of your business and they want to help you out. Suppose they want to give you an additional $300 to put towards your business. However, there's a catch. If you make more than $600 total, you have to give them 10% of your earnings above $600. For example, if you have earned $650, than you owe 10% of $50 or $50, to your parents.

A. ***Now that you have an additional $300, revise your inequality from Part A of Rask 2 to reflect your new spending limit.*** Solve this inequality and graph the solution on a number line (Don't need help solving or graphing) ***Explain what your solution means in terms of the situation

B. If you still sell your item for the same price, what is the most money you can hope to earn from your business now?***

C. Will you have to pay your parents? If so, determine how much you will owe them***

D, Think about how much time it will take for you to create your product. You have 200 hours this summer to devote to creating your product. Write an inequality that represents your time constraint.***

E. Solve your inequality from Part D and graph your solution on a number line.. (Don't need help with solving or graphing) ***Explain what your solution means in terms of the situation.***

F. With the costs taken into account, what was your total profit? Did you make or lose money?***
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 16, 2018, 11:12 PM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to help we wont do all the work for you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2018, 01:13 PM
    Not sure I have laughed this hard in a long time. Task 3d - you have 200 hours. Better use them wisely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

?Math 110-finite math [ 1 Answers ]

A company's computer must consist of 4 letters with no repetition. How many passwords are possible?

Math 209 [ 2 Answers ]

In 2005, there were 66,000 new cases Of skin cancer in the United States. Men represented 10,000 more cases than women. How many new Cases of skin cancer were there for men and for Women?

To take math or not to take math? Warning:long [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I need some advice. I'm currently a high school junior, and I am HOPELESS at mathematics. I've always managed to scrape by with 65s, and trust me its not lack of effort, I try really hard. All my other grades are over 90s, with the exception of sciences which are in the high 80s. Last year I...

Which math is easier- college algbera or liberal arts math? [ 2 Answers ]

What math is easier- college algbera or liberal arts math?

I need math skills on this math problems [ 6 Answers ]

81 divided by 3726.83 divided by 3158

View more questions Search